Facebook recently updated their integration API. This means that if your site is currently using the Facebook integration there is a minor adjustment that needs to be made to continue the use of the Facebook integration. Please click HERE to view our support article explaining how to make the needed changes to ensure that Facebook integration continues to run smoothly on your site.
Hey everyone! April is over so its time to take a look at what has been happening this month with the SocialEngine community!
New Add-ons and Updates:
Location / City Specific Content - This package enables you to get your locations centric website up and running quickly in few minutes.
Dating system – A plugin to help develop a dating site that features Mutual Likes, Gifts, Dating photos, Ajax searching and any fields searching, Highlighing members widgets and much more! continue reading
Many of us SocialEngine members maintain our own digital communities. And sometimes we need help! Which is why we would like to introduce The Hive, a community-minded resource for managers of SocialEngine sites. The Hive is devoted to supporting individuals to find resources on how to best manage their communities.
SocialEngine is a hosted software platform, giving the ability to create private communities to build loyal, engaged fan bases. Think of it as rolling up Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Reddit into a single platform for or as your own website without the constraints and costs of today’s pay-to-play reach and visibility of major social networks.
The Hive is run by a team of experienced Room 214 community management professionals and by SocialEngine itself. Anyone can contribute topics and comments and in fact, engagement is encouraged! The site is a gathering of community managers to share best practices, ideas, tips, etc.
The Hive is run by a team of experienced professionals and by SocialEngine itself. Anyone can contribute topics and comments and in fact, engagement is encouraged! The site is a gathering of community managers to share best practices, ideas, tips, etc.
We will gather and provide content from other community management experts: best practices, management questions and tips as well as resources for using your SocialEngine features to their best advantage. In addition, other SocialEngine community managers can help share with each other.. It’s like a fun gathering of a multitude of digital experts!
We feel anyone involved in social media marketing in any way will benefit by joining in the conversation at The Hive. We hope you will check out some of our features, here are just a few to get you started:
Get on over to The Hive to be a better-informed community manager and excel at your position!
The SocialEngine Cloud Roadmap is now available to all of our SocialEngine Cloud customers.
To access the roadmap, login into your SocialEngine account and go to your admin panel. In the Tools section select Product Roadmap.
This takes you to a page explaining our product roadmap definitions. We also previously blogged about it here.
The first time you access the product you will Opt-in to Ramen (the product roadmap platform provider) and be able to see the product roadmap. We have integrated single sign on with Ramen so there is no need to enter additional information, you’re logged in with your SocialEngine Admin account.
Navigating The Roadmap
Once your into the Roadmap you will see:
- Latest Features which highlights recent additions to the roadmap
- Got an Idea where you submit an idea to the product roadmap. Please make sure you’ve looked at the current ideas displayed so not to create duplicates
- Project which in this case is Cloud Platform and where you click on View Project
In the Project View area you’ll see the roadmap broken into Ideas, Planned, Being Developed, Deployed and Validated. We will keep the definitions of these in the admin area of your SocialEngine site.
When you click on a feature you’ll have the ability to comment, or respond to one of our questions.
Commenting and Questions
Please do leave us comments and participate in answering the questions we’ve listed. This is an exchange of ideas and the more feedback we get the better we can focus our feature set and prioritization.
Returning to SocialEngine Admin
To return to your SocialEngine Admin page, simply go to the top of the roadmap and click on Go Back to <<name of your site>> Admin.
Thanks for your ongoing support and involvement.
We had a great March at SocialEngine — lots of pluses with the company including adding a new developer to the team. Internally it’s exciting to see a lot of processes and systems create higher efficiency in our daily work, planning and discussions.
There are moments in a growing organization where you feel the chaos of a thousand different needs and directions, but are able to find a focused approach where the pace picks up. We’ve always been big believers that a business can grow only as fast as its systems can handle it — doesn’t matter how many people you throw at it.
My personal thanks to the team here for building the foundation needed to develop quality code, establish a process for product roadmaps, quickly respond to customer needs and easily integrate new employees into the company. The pace continues to quicken.
Here’s what happened in March:
- Marcus started on March 23rd, he has already contributed fixes to Cloud and will focus on improving the platform and customer service
- Bug fix release of SocialEngine PHP 4.8.8. It was done to address bug reports from the community, as reported on the public bug tracker
- Made progress on PHP roadmap, with good amount of features being assigned for 4.9 and 4.10
- Worked with ramen.is to improve the user experience and provide us with valuable feedback and feature suggestions
- SocialEngine Cloud updates:
- Added ability to edit settings on the mobile-responsive theme
- Added extra information to member invite screen to give admins higher visibility into their member invite activities
- Added better styling to member titles so they stand out above normal text
- Made profile photos square on the members page
- Bug fixes, see list in the notes
- Released knowledge base articles:
Plans for April
- Continue working on php roadmap to define features for 4.9 and 4.10
- Begin speccing out priority features for 4.9
- Pending on Ramen.is, give our users ability to access SocialEngine Cloud roadmap
- Post editing on SocialEngine Cloud – its coming in the next 2 weeks
As always, we love your feedback and appreciate your enthusiasm for SocialEngine.
Hey everyone! March has come to a close so its time to take a look at what has been happening this month with the SocialEngine community!
New Add-ons and Updates:
SocialenginePress: Wordpress Product – The SocialEngine Press Plugin for WordPress makes it easy to quickly integrate WordPress eCommerce plugin with the SocialEngine. This plugin provides a business online easier and cheaper than it has ever been. This plugin turns your SocialEngine site into a full-featured online store.
SocialenginePress: Wordpress Blog - With the help of the SocialEngine Press Blogs Plugin, you share thousands of blogs on your social network automatically.
SocialenginePress: Single Sign On - If you are using WordPress to publish your blog, you can create a single sign-on connection with your WordPress.
Guests/Guests Newsletter – The Guest Plugin allows you to see guests, visited profiles, guests newsletters, Realtime popup notification with custom design from admin panel.
Uber Theme – The Uber Theme features a super clean design, a landing Page to create an awesome presentation, two types of Landing Pages, one for Private websites, and one that can be set as Homepage when your website is in Public/ Semi-Private mode and much more!
Responsive Clean Wide Theme - Responsive Clean Wide Theme is made 100% Responsive with a fluid grid system which automatically adapts your SocialEngine website to any mobile devices including tablets, smartphones and desktops so that your website looks amazing on any device. continue reading
We’re happy to announce the release of SocialEngine PHP 4.8.8! This release includes important fixes, some of which came to notice after the last 4.8.7 release, and because of some specific server settings or 3rd party plugins. Here is the summary of those fixes:
- Fixed issue where users were unable to like comments on certain activity feed posts. Fixes #7.
- Fixed issue where new posts made without attachments were not appearing on user / content profiles. Fixes #1, #7 and #21.
- Marked Multi-byte String (mbstring) extension as required to avoid any errors because of this being disabled.
- Fixed issue with PHP language array file not being generated properly in certain cases.
- Fixed error “Call to a member function toValue() on a non-object” coming on user profile page in a few cases. Fixes #2.
- Fixed notice of
E_DEPRECATED and theme issues coming on websites having PHP version lower than 5.3.0 after last release. Fixes #3.
E_DEPRECATED notices coming on websites running on latest version of PHP (>= 5.6.0). Fixes #17.
- Fixed issue with the translation of content sharing feed’s text.
- Fixed issue with sound manager swf that was not working when Cloudfront CDN is being used on website.
- Fixed issue with duplicacy of photo caption in activity feed when status is updated with a photo.
You can download the new SocialEngine PHP 4.8.8 code from your client area. We’ve also updated Chat plugin to 4.8.8. Please make sure that you do a complete backup of both files and database before performing this upgrade. Please get a developer to help you if you’re not comfortable with the installation and backup process yourself. We do have an upgrade service available for $150 which you can purchase from our Client Store.
Changelog: You can also browse the complete changelog file for more details about the fixes implemented in this release, and contact us if you have any questions.
Last, you can always submit any feature requests or bug reports for SocialEngine PHP to our public bugs and suggestions tracker. Thanks again for providing your continuous feedback & support!
Hey everyone! February is coming to a close so its time to take a look at what has been happening this month with the SocialEngine community!
New Add-ons and Updates:
Job Posting - Job Posting provides features that you can find on professional employment website, plus some unique features that suitable for a Social Network. For company representatives, they can create company, post, and share jobs. For other members, they can apply for job, follow or favorite a company.
February 2015 was quite the month for SocialEngine. We are happy to see such a positive response to our activities.
We were working hard, but what was most tiring was cleaning the car off from the crazy snowfalls in Boulder.
The list is long, so let’s get to it:
Here’s the Skinny:
- Released SocialEngine PHP 4.8.7 which is one of the biggest updates we’ve (new ownership) ever done
- Brought in Shivani as a PHP Product Owner and Manager. She’s been busy consolidating SocialEngine PHP feedback, streamlining development and prioritizing defining features for 4.9.0 and 4.10.0
- Feature identification and prioritization of product roadmap
- Moved public bug tracking to github
- Released the much needed and very big Facebook Custom App Setup knowledge base article
- Announced product roadmap
- New code base for SocialEngine Cloud – Laravel 4
- Fixes to LinkedIn and Facebook
- More bug fixes and smaller improvements — check out our Release Notes
- Increased # of members exported to 10,000
- Launched new responsive themes
- Enabled legacy themes
- Hired a pro dev on toptal to work on specific features, first priority is post editing
- Nailed down list of events to track in Intercom
- Set up an integration with Ramen.is for an improved customer experience
- Developed a wireframe/design for internationalization and phrasing (here’s a rough sneak peek, not final version). Soon you’ll be able to see these mocks inside the product roadmap.
- Wrote and released three knowledge base articles for cloud: How to Add Category to Main Menu, How to Add a Favicon and Enabling Legacy Themes
- Our creative team has been working overtime producing high quality assets and content for the new marketing site
- Development of the marketing website continues to accelerate