SocialEngine 4 Preview

After a slight delay (and a lot of pizza), we’re happy to announce the preliminary client-only release of the SocialEngine 4 preview: http://preview.socialenginedev.com

To access the preview website, please use your license key and password when prompted. We would greatly appreciate your assistance in testing the core; please use the built-in contact form to notify us of any bugs. Keep in mind that we will be releasing new functionality incrementally over the coming weeks, including plugins and other features, so don’t worry if a desired feature hasn’t been added yet.

SocialEngine 4 will evolve rapidly over the coming weeks so stay tuned for more details and thank you as always for your continued support!

– SocialEngine Team

* Update: We will be providing limited access to the preview to a small group of non-clients. Please be sure to follow us on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/webligo) for more information in the coming week.

1. Ryan
    Posted December 8, 2009 at 2:19 am | Permalink

Great job with the preview, looks amazing! Can't to see the rest of it!

2. Mario McKenzie
    Posted December 8, 2009 at 3:21 am | Permalink

If I wasn't the manliest of men I would cry right now. I looks awesome guys and yeah I cant wait to see the rest either

3. Nagendra
    Posted December 8, 2009 at 4:17 am | Permalink

Thanks for Release.

4. Sandakelum
    Posted December 8, 2009 at 6:00 am | Permalink

great work. newsfeed plugin is best. i like this very much. but previous template better

5. Neh
    Posted December 8, 2009 at 7:40 am | Permalink

looks amazing! when will be released?

6. Anthony Gundacker
    Posted December 8, 2009 at 8:33 am | Permalink

I've been checking back religiously every day for an update.. Looks smooth so far, extremely similar layout to the current default.. but still looks slick.

Keep it up.

7. meytan
    Posted December 8, 2009 at 9:07 am | Permalink

it's awsome!!

8. Nida Elias
    Posted December 8, 2009 at 9:08 am | Permalink

Hello… I am not a client yet, but I do need to see the preview or at least see the features in text.

9. Jahangeer
    Posted December 8, 2009 at 9:17 am | Permalink

you guys have really done a great job. the testing process is still under going. i hope the small bugs reported yet are fixed soon.

we've got a great CMS just around the corner.

10. ejobity
    Posted December 8, 2009 at 11:36 am | Permalink

can anybody post pictures of the new site somewhere for those that dont have a licence. thanks.

11. Wale
    Posted December 8, 2009 at 12:43 pm | Permalink

This is great. am very happy and can't wait for the final version

12. Isak
    Posted December 8, 2009 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

Thanks SE Team!
    Great jobb,

13. Mike Forde
    Posted December 8, 2009 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

You guys did a great job cleaning things up. I look forward to the final release so we may move from 3 to 4!!

14. Petdating
    Posted December 8, 2009 at 4:41 pm | Permalink

please, make it more layout customisable, it will be very helpfull.
    Thanks!

15. sebastian989
    Posted December 8, 2009 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

How can I preview this release I'm not a client yet, but I was waiting this since the announcment can you post more screenshots lol I'm really excited your platform is solid stable and powered with great features.
    I have some ideas I would love to see in the next release can I contact you about them or I have to buy a license first, I'm waiting to see v4 stable to get one. and please make this a little bit facebookesh myspace is so 90's trend now!

16. russell
    Posted December 8, 2009 at 8:30 pm | Permalink

YES I need to see preview ASAP. I am either going with VBulletin, Ning, or SE and we are deciding on what to do in the coming days to meet a deadline.

A few screen shots would be nice.

17. Anna
    Posted December 8, 2009 at 8:46 pm | Permalink

I have been patiently waiting for the new version before I launch my new business venture. I'm sending good vibes your way!!

18. Marco Peralta
    Posted December 8, 2009 at 10:48 pm | Permalink

Is there an approximate date for the official launch of V4?

19. Ivan
    Posted December 9, 2009 at 1:19 am | Permalink

HI pp,

I sow the previews of Social Engine 4 and I strongly advice you to wait for it rather than go with another framework, because I can guarantee you that u will be waisting your time.!!!! Wait fro SE4 its coming great!!!

20. shasho
    Posted December 9, 2009 at 9:24 am | Permalink

speed up the release…

SE4 is great. i hope you have allowed access to third party developers. those plugins will have to be ready and ripe to match SE4 final.

SE4 will be in high demand..

21. John Parsons
    Posted December 9, 2009 at 11:38 am | Permalink

I am satisfied with v4 so far. I hope in the coming weeks we could have a fully stable release with all plugins, that's because we are looking to build a large social network project, so it will take us a serious amount of time to customize the script, adding missing features + waiting SE developers to upgrade their plugins etc.. Time is a big concern as you can see. Thanks a lot for your efforts, looking forward for your updates.

22. chou
    Posted December 9, 2009 at 5:20 pm | Permalink

Looks great! Can't wait to see the plug ins. However will there be a option to add multiple modules in the Profile page? I am asking because SEPlugsins has a nice apps and plug in that really works great. Are we going to have something like that or just facebook like? Thanks and keep up the good job guys.

23. lou
    Posted December 10, 2009 at 6:24 am | Permalink

print screen anyone?

24. serge
    Posted December 10, 2009 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

Superbe so far!
    Robust AJAX-Core is the way to go!

25. Jack
    Posted December 11, 2009 at 11:04 pm | Permalink

Looking good so far. I've been a fan of social engine for so long, and now it looks like I'll be a fan for some time to come. Keep up the great work. I'll be checking to see what's going on as often as possible.

26. Sean
    Posted December 14, 2009 at 6:48 pm | Permalink

After all the wait, it is now only open to current clients? :( – When will SE4 be available to view by all?

27. Hal
    Posted December 14, 2009 at 8:30 pm | Permalink

I have a sugestion,

1- the site should notify members that other users view their profile.

The mail system should have the capability to send html format and also capability like other address books you can sort the emails by region or any criteria to send emails to specific groups this feature is so demanding and should be added

28. Odin Castillo
    Posted December 18, 2009 at 1:00 am | Permalink

I am in the process of evaluating SE, among others for several large community for the Puerto Government. Please let me know when I can see a demo of SE 4. Nice job on SE 3.

29. Besplatna Muzika
    Posted December 18, 2009 at 11:31 pm | Permalink

great design, great usability, much more sexy looking. it will be a great success! :) please, make it more layout customisable, it will be very helpfull. Thanks!

30. YC
    Posted December 23, 2009 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

I'm just going through the site now and I have to say it is far superior to version 3. This is fantastic! Thank you SE Team. Is there a date for release as yet?

31. Sean
    Posted December 28, 2009 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

Been waiting waiting and waiting – No SE4 for public to atleast see demo and give ideas :(.

32. Pete
    Posted December 28, 2009 at 7:39 pm | Permalink

I have loaded some screenshots as we are a license holder for SE. I also have other sites running in pilotgroup software and I rue the day I bought them. SE rules in my book. You can view the screenshots here http://www.faceamania.com/album.php?user=Pegasus&album_id=147

33. RNLD
    Posted December 29, 2009 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

Hopefully, version 4 will include the same feature that SE is using on Facebook. Pages.

34. OYOOH
    Posted January 10, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Permalink

Thank for SE team..can not wait to use the SE4!

Happy New Year!

35. Sree
    Posted January 14, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

seems like theres no release date yet. This looks like it wont even be out for another year. Its been in production for over 6 months dude.