SocialEngine 3.20 Released, SE4 Update

SocialEngine version 3.20 was released recently to address several important issues. Please refer to the changelog for a full listing, but the patches include:

– Fixed input filter to allow for advanced features in FCKeditor
– Fixed several PHP 4 compatibility issues introduced in the last release
– Fixed a logout bug related to the use of tokens
– Fixed issue related to memcaching and sessions

To upgrade to the latest version, simply login to the client area, download the SocialEngine core and follow the instructions in upgrade.html.

We’ve been busy chiseling away at SocialEngine 4 and are working on getting it completed as quickly as possible. The best estimate we can give at this point is a downloadable beta within the next 2 months and a final release within 3 months, although these dates are subject to change as quality is always our highest priority.

Thank you all for your continued support and as always please let us know if you have any questions or comments using the contact form on our website.

– The SocialEngine Team

1. Ryan
    Posted January 21, 2010 at 12:20 am | Permalink

Thanks for the update! Glad to see your going for quality instead of rushing to get it out! :)

2. Fajar P Muhammad
    Posted January 21, 2010 at 9:41 am | Permalink

Thank God…i hope this one solve my prob…last night is a nightmare for my site…after upgrading from 3.18 to 3.319…i can't login to my admin area……

Thanks Guyzzzz

3. Nagendra
    Posted January 21, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

Hi Thanks for releasing the se 3.20. But when you are going to release se 4 for download we are waiting for it. I hope you will release it in this month.

Friendsmoo

4. Jason
    Posted January 21, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Permalink

Can't wait to download the beta for SE4 and start developing some brand new themes. Exciting times in the world of SocialEngine!

sidenote: When you guys post that you did an update (in this case, SE 3.20), it would really be helpful if you had a link to the changelog :-)

5. Jack
    Posted January 25, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Permalink

It's nice that you are constantly updating and improving your software. Many other software companies create one product that they think is bug free, and then never do anything else with it. You guys are constantly evolving to ensure you are giving us the very best. I'm excited about this update, and still very, very excited for the release of SE 4.

6. Clasificados
    Posted January 26, 2010 at 2:47 am | Permalink

Great job. SE 3.2 will keep us masticating on something till the big release is out. I really appreciate it.

Keep the good work

7. YC
    Posted January 26, 2010 at 3:02 am | Permalink

Fantastic news! I realised that the one thing that I (and I am sure many others) is an easy way to create new pages. I had to get a plugin to do this for 3x but it is still not a simple process. However, in other social software products, it is quite easy to create new pages which is very important so that webmasters can continue to update with news items/specials/features etc. I hope you will take this into consideration.

Keep up the great work!

8. Carlos
    Posted January 27, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Permalink

I can't want for SE4! There are so many interesting social network environments but nothing as comprehensive as SE. I hope the platform can accomodate social environments for business professionals, like LinkedIn; a professional site for managing professional communities and department interactions. I am looking forward to also a SharePoint integration plugin. 😉

9. Eyery
    Posted January 28, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

i want to know if i can to monitize with google adsense if i will buy that software, because i want to make social networking

10. lt
    Posted January 31, 2010 at 12:30 am | Permalink

Very happy with 3.20 release – all the probs were quickly solved. Thanks!!!!! I'm a new customer and already very impressed!

11. Nicholas
    Posted February 3, 2010 at 5:33 am | Permalink

Thank you for update Webligo.

Everyone, lets hope things go smooth so we can get to use the long awaited V.4 within 3 months. I can't wait to see the finial result.

*wonders what the http://www.cmscritic.com will say :)

12. Fajar P M
    Posted March 12, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Permalink

can't wait the final release of V4…..the wall & the music plug in are GREATTTTTTTT……..i'm proud of you guyz…..wish the beat version available in the download area…so i can try it out

Best Regards From Indonesia