SocialEngine 4.0.3

SocialEngine 4.0.3 has been released and is now available from the client area. It includes another big batch of improvements and bugfixes and we highly recommend upgrading. You can find a complete changelog in the core package. All plugins have been updated as well, except for chat.

Please note that the 4.0.3 update will switch your site in to “Development mode” because of some technical changes that needed to be made – meaning caching will be disabled. If your site was in “Production mode” previously, you will want to log into the Admin area to switch it back. Additionally, if you had configured your emails to send through an SMTP service, those settings will need to be re-applied in Admin > Settings > Mail Settings.

Let us know what you think and we’ll keep the updates coming!

1. kirk chambers
    Posted September 3, 2010 at 12:30 am | Permalink

thanks i havnt upgrade yet but i will.
    kirk from njforlife.com

2. Hilquias
    Posted September 3, 2010 at 12:34 am | Permalink

I was anxious for this update. You are doing a great job. Thanks

3. Dan
    Posted September 3, 2010 at 9:51 am | Permalink

Thank you team!!!!!

4. Jimmy
    Posted September 3, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Permalink

This new update fix some problems and bugs, but this update create new bugs ;-). After this update you can`t access the sign up page!!!

So i wait for a next update, which comes in 2 weeks *lol*, and so long nobody can`t sign up on my community, tztztzt….

I believe that webligo developments has forget test the update!!!

5. Mohammad
    Posted September 3, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

Thats cool, hey what are the steps to upgrade it from 4.0.2

6. Ron
    Posted September 3, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

update 4 -> 4.0.3 crashed

7. CJ
    Posted September 3, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Permalink

Thanx for making continuous improvements to this. Can't wait for the payment module…or is that here? I'm gonna go look.

8. Nicholas
    Posted September 3, 2010 at 11:17 pm | Permalink

I get a error at the update database stage. This is what I get, and my Web host told me everything was right in terms of server as I had them help me.

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to Engine_Package_Manager::callback() must be an array, null given, called in /home/nick5000/public_html/install/controllers/ManageController.php on line 965 and defined in /home/nick/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Package/Manager.php on line 434

9. Noam
    Posted September 4, 2010 at 1:06 am | Permalink

We just released 4.0.3p1 from the client area which should fix all the reported issues.

10. NooR
    Posted September 6, 2010 at 11:09 am | Permalink

Nice….

11. Vladimir
    Posted September 9, 2010 at 9:29 am | Permalink

Great job, many bugs fixed but still a lot outstanding… When is update 4.0.4 coming up? :)

12. Hasan Gökçe