SocialEngine 4.0.4 Released

SocialEngine 4.0.4 has been released and is now available for download from the client area. This upgrade includes many bug fixes, enhanced RTL (Right-to-Left) support and fixes for translation issues so we highly recommend upgrading.

If you’re interested in the changelog for any release, you can find it in the upgrade package (tar file) contained in changelog.html. If you’re using Windows, you can use a program such as WinRAR or 7-Zip to access the contents of the file. As always let us know what you think!

1. Hilquias
    Posted September 17, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Permalink

I downloaded this package yesterday. I have not been successful in upgrading, but he had to see several improvements in this update. I am doing a new installation. Thanks for a job.

2. Miroslav
    Posted September 18, 2010 at 8:14 am | Permalink

Great update! Finally very happy with SE4.
    Thx

3. Nicholas
    Posted September 19, 2010 at 9:21 am | Permalink

Hello to all Webligos. The new additions are great. Thank you for the files.

4. Jens
    Posted September 19, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

I guess we will have to wait further for the forum posts and replies to be included in the activity feeds? Apart from that things seem to be working well on my test platform.

5. Paul
    Posted September 20, 2010 at 8:44 am | Permalink

We are now successfully running 4.04! Thanks for fixing the time-notation bug!

6. David
    Posted September 20, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

Can you guys include detailed instructions on how to upgrade? I am trying to install via your installation area, but it tells me the file is too large and it times out.

7. Wasif
    Posted September 20, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Permalink

I got this issue.

Upload failed: Server returned HTTP-Status #302

8. Noam
    Posted September 21, 2010 at 12:23 am | Permalink

For anyone with upload issues or #302 issues, you can manually FTP the tar file to:
    /temporary/package/archives

which should resolve the issue.

9. Hilquias
    Posted September 21, 2010 at 4:42 am | Permalink

I did some testing this version 4.0.4, and is much better than previous ones. But I think that the "Activity Feed Settings" should have special attention, because it is not working very well. One of the things that happens is that when you deselect an item in the admin, it again becomes marked, and also does not change anything in the social network. At most, you're doing a great job. Sorry Google translated English.:)

10. Martin
    Posted September 21, 2010 at 10:57 am | Permalink

Awesome job in the fixes, clean install running smooth – upgrade doesn't.. I am thinking there are some glitches in the upgrade process…

11. Brad
    Posted September 22, 2010 at 12:24 am | Permalink

My site still has a 5 second load time. Is this common? When will SE4 be optimized?

12. Alberto
    Posted September 22, 2010 at 12:52 am | Permalink

Great work team, the truth that they have solved many problems, we hope that the 4.0.5 version, sound notifications in the chat plugin.

13. Greg
    Posted September 22, 2010 at 3:26 am | Permalink

After installing 4.0.4 my changes to the language file will not save/update, in production or development mode. Other than that….smooth upgrade.

14. Larry
    Posted September 22, 2010 at 11:57 am | Permalink

I have actually upgraded and made live mysite with V4.0.4 and its all work good so far, except for a few minor glitches.
    I woudl like to know how to make the view members page in teh admin section wider as not all the information is being shown i.e you cant see all teh options going from left to right.

15. Dede
    Posted September 22, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Permalink

Do I have to upgrade css files if I don´t need RTL support due I made a lot of mods in all my css files.

16. Stylianos
    Posted September 22, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Permalink

running 4.04 100% ! Thanks!

17. ragab
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 9:18 am | Permalink

Now i can say we are there Finally most of our problem finalized
    Awesome !! you done realy great work
    thanks alot webligo

18. Noam
    Posted September 23, 2010 at 11:33 pm | Permalink

@Dan Make sure your site is in production mode so it utilizes caching. Development mode sacrifices page load time to make sure you're seeing the most recent changes.