SE 4.1.1 Released

We’re right on schedule! SocialEngine clients can now download the new SE 4.1.1 release from the client area. If you’ve got the SE 4.1.0 BETA installed (or an earlier version), we recommend that you upgrade to 4.1.1. If you’re on an earlier version with lots of customizations or third-party addons/mods, you’ll definitely want to check with the addon/mod vendors to be sure that their products are compatible with SE 4.1.1 before you upgrade. As always, be sure to make a complete site backup! If you’d like some guidance on the upgrade process, here are a few relevant articles:

Performing Upgrades

Making Backups

We hope everyone enjoys SE 4.1.1! We have some other interesting things to announce this week, so stay tuned.

1. Moti
    Posted January 27, 2011 at 4:53 am | Permalink

I am so glad that you guys post Upgrades and Backups steps…really appreciate..specially for database backup…

2. Michael
    Posted January 27, 2011 at 7:29 am | Permalink

I was under the impression that the current users in chat room feature would be fixed with this upgrade? I'm still showing (-19 people) in a chat room with no users in it.

3. Aleksandar
    Posted January 27, 2011 at 9:27 am | Permalink

Something is wrong with this version(fresh instalation of SE 4.1.1) – I can't login as superadmin (can't access admin panel), and also after importing existing SE 3 all pics is gone.

4. Bradley
    Posted January 27, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

Upgrade went smoothly. Thanks guys for making this seemless.

5. Rashyed
    Posted January 27, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

I really appreciate your work, keep it like that !!
    Good Luck 😉

6. Luis
    Posted January 27, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Permalink

Great, Guy's! Now is time to move on for the betterment of the Ads system!!! Please??? something that would allow us to create what ads, size, where (page) and how to charge for it. Again, great timing and awesome billing system.

7. Julia
    Posted January 27, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Permalink

I am so frustrated. I continually pay for your support and it has been months and I still have the same problem and no updates will fix it.

My request password email does not send. For the 1400 members that I imported from SE3 there passwords did not import. Only people who sign up since switching to SE4 get can get the forgot password email… the other 1400 members have been completely locked out. I have submitted support tickets and I pray each time you release an update for this bug to be fixed but still nothing. I am seriously frustrated.

I also love how it use to cost $50.00 for 90 days of support and now it is $50 for 30 days. I have had a support ticket in about this for weeks and just keep getting the run around.

I am sure this post will never see the blog.

8. Charlotte
    Posted January 27, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Permalink

@Michael, @Aleksandar – If you submit support tickets, our team can help you debug the problems.

@Julia – I'm sorry you've run into so many issues – I appreciate your candor. Our team believes some of the issues you are having concern a third-party mod that is installed. When you upgraded to v4.1.0 BETA, that mod interfered with the proper functioning of SocialEngine. This problem needs to be fixed before we can understand why your passwords aren't being sent. Rest assured that we are actively working to find a resolution to the ticket you've submitted.

9. Franck
    Posted January 27, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Permalink

SE 4.1.1

1. After registration, the subscription page is displayed before having completed the confirmation e-mail address.
    Access to the member home page is made without verification of the email address.

2. Problem in inbox.

Thanks

10. Julia
    Posted January 28, 2011 at 12:38 am | Permalink

Thank Charlette, But I ran a fresh install of 4.1.1 in a sub directory this morning and did not install any 3rd party plugins other then SE4 plugins and still the forgot password is only sent to those who registered after the SE migration from 3 to 4. I have spent hours trying to debug this myself and have tried to rule out and see if I could trace it to a 3rd party plugin but haven't yet. :(

11. Jonathan
    Posted January 28, 2011 at 6:14 am | Permalink

I just did the upgrade and everything's okay. But I can't figure out what's different! Everything seems the same. The notifications still spam you with a thousand notices for the same topic. The forums still aren't integrated into the Wall. Does anyone know what was "fixed" exactly??? I know the payment system was added, but I was really hoping for bug fixes of current features before adding new features. Thanks though… it's still a great package even with all the bugs!

12. Wes
    Posted January 29, 2011 at 10:40 pm | Permalink

I am a new customer and have the previous release of SE4. I have a custom theme and 18 3rd party plugin's. That said – please let me know if I REALLY need to upgrade? I am not running anything that requires payment….

Please let me know. Thanks.

13. Posted January 30, 2011 at 4:53 am | Permalink

@Aleksandar Z. – "Something is wrong with this version(fresh instalation of SE 4.1.1) – I can't login as superadmin (can't access admin panel), and also after importing existing SE 3 all pics is gone"

Glad to see I am not going crazy, I too also waited for the fresh install of 4.1.1 to start my v4 site and my migration also did not work properly. No pics for users,albums,groups,or videos migrated. Also has wrong statistics on admin panel and most are missing.

14. Martin
    Posted January 30, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Permalink

The Media importing doesn't work on this. Albums, Music and Videos do not copy over…

15. Daniel
    Posted January 31, 2011 at 3:33 am | Permalink

This release is awesome! but you keep forgetting the following.

1- When you assign a certain member level authorization to lets say for example create a new group the member level that don't have this authorization should be able to to see the (Create New Group ) Button but when the click on it they should get a message (with link to upgrade) telling them that they need to upgrade to be able to create new group. And that should be apply to all other plugins.

I'm sure everyone will agree with this idea.

Thanks

16. Posted February 3, 2011 at 11:46 pm | Permalink

Is anything being done about the media importing issue with migration, since us users who are trying to start a SE4 site are not able to since things are not migrating properly.