Version 4.1.3 Released!

In keeping with our new once-a-month release cycle, version 4.1.3 is now available in the client area. Here’s a list of a few of the bug fixes and features included:

• Networks: Network titles can now be translated, admins can now list network members, auto-join networks can now have multiple profile values associated
  • Friendships: One-way friendships (unverified and verified) now work as expected
  • Activity: Activity feed privacy has been improved
  • Groups and Events: Bug when starting a discussion has been fixed.

A number of other small bugs have been fixed as well. For a complete list of changes, please refer to the “changelog.html” file in each of the upgrade TAR files. To open the TAR package file on your computer, please use a program like 7-Zip or WinRAR.

As always, don’t forget to take a backup before you upgrade! If you run into any trouble, feel free to contact us or submit a ticket via the client area and we’ll help you out as soon as possible.

1. Posted March 17, 2011 at 2:05 am | Permalink

Hi, I have asked this before, but did not receive a reply. I hope this time I can get a reply. Just take 10 seconds to inform me please.
    Does the ENTIRE migration script work from v3 to v4?
    As you know last time there was a bug dealing with polls importing and the admin statistics not importing correctly. I hope major issues like this are getting attention so those such as myself can FINALLY upgrade to v4?????

2. Charlotte
    Posted March 17, 2011 at 2:08 am | Permalink

@Shaggy – We have not tested the migration script to v4.1.3. I will ask John to have a look at it in the next couple of days and possibly release an updated migration script if necessary.

3. Jonathan
    Posted March 17, 2011 at 3:18 am | Permalink

Can we go from 4.1.1 directly to 4.1.3? Or should we install 4.1.2p first? Thank you.

4. Charlotte
    Posted March 17, 2011 at 3:20 am | Permalink

@Jonathan – You can upgrade directly to v4.1.3, but remember to take a backup before you start!

5. Posted March 17, 2011 at 3:31 am | Permalink

@Charlotte – Thanks for getting back to me. I can't wait to upgrade, but I am unable to do so until the entire migration script works. First none of the media was importing. That was fixed in 4.1.2. But then the polls didn't import and the admin statistics didn't import. Other than that, everything seemed to migrate fine. So if that can be fixed then I believe we are good to go. :)

6. Steve
    Posted March 17, 2011 at 3:36 am | Permalink

Thanks for the new monthly release schedule. It provides us with the option to upgrade as needed. Being able to squash bugs on a more regular basis is greatly appreciated. Good work.

7. Wes
    Posted March 17, 2011 at 3:50 am | Permalink

What does the Friendship "work as expected" mean?

8. Posted March 17, 2011 at 4:51 am | Permalink

1. "Friendships: One-way friendships (unverified and verified) now work as expected" = Do The Following & Follower widget already built in 4.1.3 too ?

2. "Activity: Activity feed privacy has been improved" = Do the Activity widget for the All Activity, Network or friend can be selected by user ?

I think i'm running quite fast with the 4.1.1 with a little tweak… SE is good … but i think the both features above is really needed …

Migration from my experience is OK, i did some mistakes when migrating but i know what made my migration didn't work…it wasn't the script … everything was going smooth as a cluod :) … everything was filled in properly no single media was miss ….

9. Posted March 17, 2011 at 5:08 am | Permalink

What about upgrading from 4.0.5p1 to 4.1.3? Is it okay to do that directly?

10. Posted March 17, 2011 at 5:44 am | Permalink

my network emails are no longer being sent out and my "Contact Us" button will not populate the sender's name. Is that a problem that others have or has been fixed?

11. Jean-Marie
    Posted March 17, 2011 at 8:09 am | Permalink

There is really a missing feature : when someone is posting a message in a group discussion, it would be great that the activity's published in the main activity feed.

12. Posted March 17, 2011 at 10:20 am | Permalink

I have 4.1.2 installed and I miss the "Message" on members profile. Did anyone else have the same issue, or just me?

13. Posted March 17, 2011 at 10:39 am | Permalink

Hey Guyz…already installed the SE 4.1.3 in my development server (fresh installation)… i notice an improvement in speed … haven't found bugs .. really like the :

Friendships: One-way friendships (unverified and verified) now work as expected —- Very Good Job … i appreciate this …big thanks guyz

14. Andre
    Posted March 17, 2011 at 11:48 am | Permalink

Can I only upload the changed files?

15. Andre
    Posted March 17, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

The video plugin 4.1.3 stop working.

The variable $this->video_location; on view.tpl get blank value.

16. philip
    Posted March 17, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

still no release of the Blogs / Forum Video embedding Problem !

17. Wietse
    Posted March 17, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

Upgrade didn't work for us. Once we upgraded we had a bug that members who post an update automaticly get dissapproved and logged out. We can't change this back in de Member Admin Menu as well.

18. Charlotte
    Posted March 17, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Permalink

@Wes – There were some issues with the way one-way friendships were being handled (aka the way the activity items were being posted, the way followers were being listed, etc) that were buggy.

@Paul – Yes, you should be able to upgrade directly to v4.1.3

@Amirah – Was that a problem you were having with v4.1.2p2? Or now that you've upgraded?

@Jean-Marie – You can already do this. You may need to modify your Activity Feed settings to enable them in the main feed: http://www.socialengine.net/support/documentation/article?q=160&question=Admin-Panel—Settings–Activity-Feed-Settings

@Ermir – That's resolved in v4.1.3

@Andre – When you performed the upgrade, did you just overwrite the changed files or did you do it through the package manager as recommended?

@Philip – We're dedicating resources to that problem, so hopefully it will be in the next update.

@Wietse – That's a completely bizarre bug. Can you please submit a ticket so our support team can figure out what's going on?

19. George
    Posted March 17, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Permalink

If I choose "Friends Only" at "Do you want to allow members to message each other?" in Member Levels , it doesn't work. It will disappear the "Send Message" button.

I hope to be a fix for this.

20. Michael
    Posted March 17, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Permalink

Cool, thanks for all the brilliant work SE Team!
    You All Rock!

21. luca
    Posted March 17, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Permalink

Hi, I am a bit doubtful if upgrading again (3rd version in 2 months) my 4.1.2p version. Reason is that I should then upgrade also my pugins.
    I had a problem with 4.1.1 as my video plugin didnt upload videosand same was solved through a support ticket. Then I upgraded to 4.1.2 and video problem came back (solved again through support ticket).
    Now what if I upgrade and problem is back? should I ask again support anytime?

22. Ramiz
    Posted March 17, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Permalink

is the email bug fixed.. in my SE 4.1.2p2 the system dont send emails to user… so i cant enable email verification…

23. Charlotte
    Posted March 17, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Permalink

@George – that issue has been solved in v4.1.3

@Luca – Ask the support team for what they did so that you can re-apply the changes (if necessary) to get it working.

@Ramiz – I'm not aware of a bug with email sending. It may be that your mail settings are configured incorrectly.

24. Shivantha
    Posted March 17, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Permalink

Forgot password do not send full url in 4.1.3

You have requested to reset your password because you have forgotten your password. If you did not request this, please ignore it. It will expire in 24 hours. To reset your password, please click the following link:

/user/auth/reset/code/82kft2iw0w00484g4oc8kk0gs/uid/5536

25. Wietse
    Posted March 17, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Permalink

No I can't my support ran out yesterday. I don't feel very comfortable paying $50 just to submit another bug report.

I upgraded my last support package to ask for help with the activity feed. Once you set it to friend only none of the add-ons and 3rd party mods aggregate data for none friends. In other words Events would only show comments for people that are friends of the person that is looking at the event. You said this issue would be fixed with this update. And that's the only thing I got out of my $50.

I think I am going to wait for a week… maybe two weeks before paying for extra support, in the hope my support is still valid when the next update comes out.

26. Andrew
    Posted March 18, 2011 at 12:37 am | Permalink

I am receiving a "Query failed with error: Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate column name 'default'"

Anyone else receiving this error when updating from 4.1.2 to 4.1.3 in Activity Feed

27. Jason
    Posted March 18, 2011 at 3:09 am | Permalink

Just upgraded. There's a bug in the messaging. When replying to sent/received messages the text box doesn't work properly as it does in the compose view. Is there a fix for this as it's important.??

28. Mohamed
    Posted March 18, 2011 at 3:37 am | Permalink

The video plugin 4.1.3 stop working.

29. Gregory
    Posted March 18, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

I really appreciate the increased communication and monthly updates schedule. I can plan my updates schedule now. Earlier I asked about a formal SE4 API. Is this something Webligo has on their radar and if so when can we start to see it trickle out? Also, I remember seeing that Webligo was working on efficiency and speed for SE4. gtmetrix.com gives a very comprehensive review of your sites initial page load. I have been able to dramatically improve my initial page load using this free tool.

30. Aleksandar
    Posted March 18, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Permalink

Bugs in networks:

1. Users can't leave network after joing to it.

2. When new Network was created, users can't see it – if they type any name, even exact one, the network won't show, so they can't join

31. Ian
    Posted March 18, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

Enabled "profile address" option (and renamed to username). Only have the superadmin account created currently, but here's the issue I encounter:

1. Click on the Browse Members page and the link for my profile goes to my username

2. If I'm logged in and click on the "view my profile" link in the Member Home Quick Links Menu, it points to user number 1 as the url instead.

Not sure if that will also occur when new accounts signup, but would be nice to translate across all instances of the site when usernames are in use, to prevent any confusion.

32. Charlotte
    Posted March 18, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Permalink

@Gregory – Yes, the API is something we're actively discussing and working on. Thanks for the tip about the optimization tool – we're definitely still looking into what we can do to improve SE's performance.

33. Posted March 18, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Permalink

Any solution to get the Video Plugin back?! Please!! This is important!!

34. Charlotte
    Posted March 18, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Permalink

@Andre – I asked you a few questions in one of my comments. If you answer them, I might be able to figure out what's going on, since I haven't heard reports of that particular bug at all yet.

35. Gregory
    Posted March 18, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Permalink

Do you have any ETA for the API? Thanks!

36. Mohamed
    Posted March 18, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Permalink

Video Plugin

200, Stream not found, NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound, clip: '[Clip]
    I get this error on video play back page not on the home page when video plays.

Please help!

37. Mohamed
    Posted March 18, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Permalink

Here is video page error please play it to see it.

38. Jorge Alberto
    Posted March 18, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Permalink

An error appears when trying to upload the tar file.. what can I do?

39. Kingsley
    Posted March 18, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Permalink

I've upgraded from 4.1.1 to 4.1.3 and I have problems with member signups. I've always had members automatically enabled but now any new user has to be manually approved regardless of the admin setting. And even then, when I approve members an email gets sent but they still remain 'not approved'.

It seems a number of admin settings are not changeable anymore. They are kind of stuck.

40. Jason
    Posted March 18, 2011 at 8:14 pm | Permalink

@Mohamed S
    I had similar problems when upgrading plugins. It appears as if the files arent being overwritten. After upgrading – try deleting the video modules folder and replacing with same from .tar file. Worked for me with other plugin.

41. Posted March 18, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Permalink

Dear Charlotte,

You wrote "Thanks for all the bug reports! We'll be putting them into our bug tracker and knocking them down for the next release."

How long we must wait to having the plugin running again.

Remember that it is not working, or our users can not view videos!

42. Charlotte
    Posted March 18, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Permalink

@Andre – I have asked you a few questions to try to troubleshoot your problem, but you've not answered them. I can't help you if you don't provide me with additional information.

43. Posted March 18, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Permalink

is it safe to upgrade from 4.1.2 to 4.1.3 or better to wait for 4.1.4 arrival?

44. Kingsley
    Posted March 18, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Permalink

As the admin, if I view the profile of any member who isn't my friend, their status immediately becomes 'not approved'. Even members who've been on the site for months! This is rather annoying.

45. Paul
    Posted March 18, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Permalink

I too am seeing new members as needed 'enabled' even with auto enable on sign up set. The only fix was to manually mark them as enabled in mysql.

46. Paul
    Posted March 18, 2011 at 10:41 pm | Permalink

@KingsleyN. THATS it exactly. I just tested this. If I view a profile with the admin account it instantly becomes disabled. both super admin and admin. Mysql edit to fix.

47. Paul
    Posted March 18, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Permalink

I take it back.. even when a regular user browses a member profile.. it gets marked as disabled.

*sigh*

48. Nicholas
    Posted March 18, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Permalink

Im having the same problem with this user becomes automatically disabled, its affecting the whole site seriously, anyone has a quick temporary fix besides going to mysql and keep enabling back? thanks

49. Posted March 19, 2011 at 12:06 am | Permalink

Wow! I just purchased 4.1.3 .. is there this many bugs?? This does not sound good??

50. Charlotte
    Posted March 19, 2011 at 12:36 am | Permalink

@all – Anyone that's having the "automatically disabled" problem – can you please email us via the contact form? We aren't able to reproduce the error so we're going to need some FTP info to figure out what's going on in your sites.

51. Tony
    Posted March 19, 2011 at 12:51 am | Permalink

One way friendship: there is no way of knowing who is following who. There is no counter or widget that shows the number of followers and who they are. This should be a priority since not all bought the engine for 2way friendship. there is a 3rd party plugin but it is not incorporated with the core engine.

52. Charlotte
    Posted March 19, 2011 at 2:08 am | Permalink

@all – We just updated the video plugin to solve the issue you were having. Upgrade to v4.1.3p1 of the video plugin and the problems you were having should be solved. We're still trying to gather more info about the "automatically disabled" problem since we can't seem to replicate it.

53. Chuka
    Posted March 19, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Permalink

Is any body experiencing problems with sending messages? I tried to send message after upgrading to 4.1.3 and I'm getting "toValues
    Please complete this field – it is required."

Also I recommend placing a link on the users profile for sending messages during the next update

54. Nicholas
    Posted March 20, 2011 at 12:49 am | Permalink

I think I can replicated the symptoms on my SE setup of the "automatically disabled problem" after some tests, the member becomes automatically un-approved when anyone clicks on the profile of a member that was migrated from SE3 and the member hasn't logged into the new SE4 site yet (i.e. the member hasn't logged in and be forced to one-time select its subscription and be put on the subscription list). Hope this helps!

55. Paul
    Posted March 20, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

I have removed plans (subscriptions) and the problem went away. Both dev site (non-se3 migration) and production (has se3 migrated users)

Meng – looks like you found a clue.

56. Jason
    Posted March 20, 2011 at 11:07 pm | Permalink

Friend requests are bugged. When a user makes a friend request on the browse members page the button changes to show accept request. They can then accept their own request! Come on guys. I think there needs to be a halt on any more feature additions and just fix all the bugs and make SE stable. Right now it's not stable and its costing me money everyday.

57. Ward
    Posted March 21, 2011 at 2:20 am | Permalink

RE: @all – Thanks for all the bug reports! We'll be putting them into our bug tracker and knocking them down for the next release.

You guys seem ok providing an unstable product to your clients … unfortunately OUR clients are not as passive. Could you guys PLEASE direct all the bug reports to Clare's Feedback plugin so WE are not all left out of the loop as to WHAT is being fixed and the future of Social Engine. All this waiting around (for years) and getting OUR hopes up with no development "road map" and / or communication for OUR clients has got to stop guys … Third party developers are knocking out "robust" plugins left and right and here we are still waiting on the core.

58. T
    Posted March 21, 2011 at 3:58 am | Permalink

Any resolution for the "forget password" link? This was not an issue before this release.

59. tony
    Posted March 21, 2011 at 8:42 am | Permalink

Best ever socialengine version and i've been with them since beta. There are still bugs but that's mostly for version upgrades. They finally added profile followers and friends(following) widgets. I'm going to shut my pie hole before i complain again. Sorry about my previous post. I'm finally back in hyper mode. Thanks Alex, Charlotte, John, etc…

60. ajit
    Posted March 21, 2011 at 11:08 am | Permalink

@Charlotte can we stop using blog for discussion and have one central forum/board eg: http://www.socialemgine.net/Forum/ every thing under one place like other professorial company's have.

where we all can Post bugs and discuses issue and intract with Webligo Development Team.

so far we all are frustrated, there is big gape between company and users(us) which is not good at all for future :(

61. Charlotte
    Posted March 21, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Permalink

@ajit – I'd like to refer you to se4.me. It's not run officially by SocialEngine, but John, Steve, and I frequently check what's going on over there. Running an official forum takes a LOT of time and we're a really small team – operating that kind of thing would take away from our focus on development. We try to keep open communication lines here, at se4.me, and through emails and tickets, but at this time, we feel it's most important for us to focus on making material improvements for the product. Some time in the future, when we have the resources, we may indeed put up a forum like you suggest.

62. Posted March 21, 2011 at 11:46 pm | Permalink

I am having too many problems after upgrading to 4.1.3, the following is one of the many error messages I get. I even did a fresh install and shortly after doing some basic theme customization I get the same message

We're sorry!
    We are currently experiencing some technical issues. Please try again later.
    Error code: b996f2

63. Ian
    Posted March 22, 2011 at 1:38 am | Permalink

I know how to disable a plugin, but can we completely uninstall it? Do disabled but still installed plugins impact site performance?

64. Posted March 22, 2011 at 8:53 pm | Permalink

Few words to all SocialEngine clients.

As one of you, I have too problems with SE script.
    But I try to remember one thing.

SE Team created something that we never saw before.
    Now we all have our own Facebook and each of us can feel like Mark Zuckerberg :-)

Of course, SE has problems, because every script may have problems.

Even Facebook, Microsoft or Google have their issues. And time to time they release the upgrades and improovments.

So, if SE Team are giving their best, let's try to do our best all of us.

We paid money for the script…now let's pay some patience.

Best regards to all SE clients

Ermir TOPI
    Albania

65. Said
    Posted March 22, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Permalink

Really i want say my best REGARD to SE team!!
    Thank you for SocialEngine!!

66. Posted March 23, 2011 at 1:56 am | Permalink

@ Said and Ermir T… I totally agree with you both. The SE team has done an amazing job so far developing a comprehensive package for a lot of Entrepreneurs with small pockets. Yes there are a number of bugs to be ironed out, but i was on Facebook today and have experienced errors ("on facebook"). Development is a continuous process and I have faith that soon the core will be way pass awesome.

That being said I do need some help… For about 5 minutes I could not access package manager area, it just kept loading and finally gave me this error message –

script 'auth/key.tpl' not found in path (/home/mifrenc/public_html/install/views/scripts/)

Can someone please explain so I know what to do when it happens again? (ps. just uploaded SE4.1.3)

Thank you Webligo, you guys are still awesome.

67. Scherer
    Posted March 23, 2011 at 6:38 am | Permalink

Hi SE Team Love
    Since I have a new server SE I am running without any problems!
    Thank you.

Thanks
    Peter

68. rony
    Posted March 23, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Permalink

I would highly recommend for the next Cycle release to develop the following:

– Uninstall ability of any Plugins (wheter its SE or 3 rd party) & remove it totally from the DB & not only disabling it.
    – Chat (ON & OFF) does not work , when u set urself as Offline, your friends can still see you Online for 5 seconds then it turn to Offline again.
    – "Updates" button When you click on it, the items list display but u need to click again on the Updates Button in order for the list to close. preferably if the option should be when u click anywhere on the page it should close the list.
    – Any page you access must have a "Home Page" button, not everyone know that you have to click on the website title to take you back home.
    – "Music page" When you create a new Album & upload songs, The Album u just created is too big & taking the entire row size. if you look how the Videos are its perfect & small (4 could fit in 1 row). Maybe 2 Albums could fit next to each other instead of 1.
    – Chat needs more enhancement , it looks boring comparing to other chatting websites available in the market. am sure a bit of more added features could make it little better.

Finally to SE Team, u r doing a great job & thank you for your continuous efforts.

thx
    rony

69. Posted March 23, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

i agree SE is great when it works, I was running version 4.1.1 perfect then it all went wrong when i decided to upgrade to 4.1.3 for a week now my site has crash, I get all sorts of errors. I even did a fresh install and as soon as I connect to my old database which holds thousands of members things start to go wrong again.

So I am thinking maybe the upgrade had damaged my original database so It would really help if SE develop a Database checker, SE4 importer that would import users across from old database to new database without copying across any corrupt data that cause sites to crash

70. Mark
    Posted March 23, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Permalink

Hi, I have looked everywhere and can't figure out how to use the friendslist privacy settings. Does anyone have an idea? I have friends lists enabled, but I see no options to set privacy based on these lists….

71. Austin
    Posted March 24, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

All of these comments are making very wary of upgrading. I'll hold off till these bugs are all ironed out.

72. Posted March 24, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Permalink

After reading of all the bugs, I think it is not time for me to upgrade yet. I am still running v3.2 since I am terrified to upgrade since it seems upgrading to v4 is actually downgrading since there are so many problems. When a stable version is available, please, please, please ensure that the migration script works from v3 to v4, since that is a major tool and cannot upgrade without it.

73. Posted March 24, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Permalink

My 4.1.3 version sends automatic friend request, or confirms friends automatically. some of the emails dont get sent out.

74. Posted March 25, 2011 at 6:37 am | Permalink

Hi Char, I hope we could get notifications for liked comments in the next version. It keeps the site active.

Also PHPFox is coming up with their version 3 and it seems to blow SE4 away with advanced features like custom privacy controls, grouping consecutive activity posts from a user and improvements on what SE4 have introduced. While it looks good on paper, I think SE would still hold up better. I hope you guys could keep up with this and be the no. 1 white-label social network script around!

75. Miguel
    Posted March 25, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Permalink

Hi all,

Thanks SE Team for this great job.

But after have update on 4.1.3 in events profiles she cant see the page to manage events we have this :

We're sorry! We are currently experiencing some technical issues. Please try again later. Error code: 11e274

Can people said us what we need to fix it.

One more time thanks for this really great job.

76. Miguel
    Posted March 25, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

Hi SE Team,

Sorry foe my comment. i dont have see my error. I have donwload the new versions of plugins but dont have install that.

Sorry Sorry Sorry.

Thanks

Best

77. Shaggy
    Posted March 25, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Permalink

Glenn's comment sparked my curiosity so I went and checked out PHPFox….And without a doubt SocialEngine is SOOO much better in my opinion. PHPFox seemed to offer the same things SocialEngine did in its core, but charged $299,which is more than SE. Also, you must pay $49 for Branding Removal, where SE does not charge for that. Then looking at all the other fees for upgrades, etc, they all surpass SE. I know I get frustrated alot with SE and all the bugs, but I am still going to remain a SE client because I like their development path and I believe SE is the BEST out of any other social networking scripts out there… I can't wait to upgrade from V3 to V4 once a stable version (where the majority of the bugs are gone) is released! There is so much more advantages with V4 compared to my V3 site, but I just know if I upgrade now, I will just be causing more stress for myself dealing with all the bugs, where V3 is very stable. Keep working hard to rid the bugs because I can't wait to get up and running with V4! :)

78. Kingsley
    Posted March 26, 2011 at 6:00 am | Permalink

While I've temporarily downgraded to 4.1.2 to resolve the "automatically disabled" bug that I hope is being addressed, I also have a proposal to make that SE should develop a mobile edition for clients.

Hire-Experts have one as a plugin but it would be nice if the SE team could have a standard one. A lot of members want to sign up from phone, to chat on phone and so on.

And perhaps you guys could revamp the chat rooms. A lot of other scripts I use are way ahead in this particular area.

79. Scherer
    Posted March 29, 2011 at 7:15 am | Permalink

Dear Friends,
    Unfortunately, after the update are no invitations sent mail more. Please make sure the new update.

80. Posted March 29, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Permalink

Well just had my site crash… I am thinking about following Kingsley and downgrading to 4.1.2 or maybe even 4.1.1

The error i got was

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception' with message 'Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away' in /home/mifrenc/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77 Stack trace: #0 /home/mifrenc/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('SELECT `engine4…') #1 /home/mifrenc/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(405): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'SELECT `engine4…') #2 /home/mifrenc/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(467): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('SELECT `engine4…') #3 /home/mifrenc/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Select.php(674): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(Object(Zend_Db_Select)) #4 /home/mifrenc/public_html/application/modules/Core/Bootstrap.php(323): Zend_Db_Select->query() #5 /home/mifrenc/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Application/Bootstrap/Abstract.php(256): Core_Bootstrap->_initLog() #6 /hom in /home/mifrenc/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Now it will not load…

SE team, can you guys please help me with this…

My site is basically at a standstill as of now

HELP Please

81. Posted March 30, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

I hope for next update, SE can fix the compatibility with IE9 since is the most popular browser in the world.

82. Ian
    Posted March 30, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

I'm on 4.1.3 without issue so far, but this is a clean install, not a migratation from SE3.

To SocialEngine team, any plans to implement any of the following in a future release?

– FEATURED CONTENT

We have "home poll" how about "featured blog, group, event, forum post, etc" so we can call attention to good content or monetize content for advertisers who want another way to get their message across?

– BETTER FORUM FORMATTING

I haven't figured out how to make BB code work in my forum, and yes, it is enabled in the plugin setting.

HTML works, but members have to take the extra step to click the HTML button. I'd love for them to be able to copy/paste direct into the new post box with BB code without having to worry about an extra step, as that discourages usage.

– FORUM DOCUMENTATION

Is there any forum documentation or knowledgebase articles so we can understand how different features work (i.e. the various icons that users are presented with to embed media, etc. for instance)

– FORUM LAYOUT

It would be great if we can drag/drop the layout of the forum just like other pages. This would allow us to put in banner zones, rss feeds, etc.

It would be nice to have the option of incorporating ads within threads as well (i.e. after every 5th post, at the top or bottom of each thread, etc)

83. Ian
    Posted March 30, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Permalink

Also forgot to ask:

MENUS

When creating a new menu, it seems to auto-resolve to a vertical design. Is there a way to create a horizontal menu?

I'd like to be able to put smaller links going left to right below the main menu in the site header, but right now they go up and down instead.

84. T
    Posted March 30, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Permalink

I realized the hard way that you have to carefully go over all the different/changed files when performing the minor upgrades. Most of the error messages/pages that I've encountered have been a result of the changed files for customizations. I might have to add back some customization code, but afterwards I get no errors. There are a few bugs with 4.1.3 but nothing major for me. So for me, great job to the SE4 team!

But yes, please fix the remaining bugs and get on that mobile version asap…pretty please!!

85. Posted March 31, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

Please SE Team can you guys chime in… As a dedicated SE client, I am feeling quite frustrated right now… My site has been going down constantly since upgrading to SE4.1.3. My most recent problem is accessing Admin area.. I got the following error message when I tried to access the area and All of the tabs disappeared. Once i switched to development mode, they reappeared. trying to grow my network, but had to cancel advertising because I did not want waist my very limited capital, having potential members show up and site be down or inaccessible.

recent error code –

We're sorry! We are currently experiencing some technical issues. Please try again later. Error code: a1d37f

Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0

______________________

Please let us know if the issues with sites crashing, is at the top of the list of bugs to fix… I am sure i speak for everyone when i say we would rather have the sites be up and missing a feature, than down with all the features….

Please Webligo, I still love you guys, but we are in pain right now because of current crashing and loading issues.

86. JAZMIN
    Posted March 31, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Permalink

On 4.0.5 i was able to atach video, photos or links on mensagges, but now not… why??? it was a very good that

87. Charlotte
    Posted March 31, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Permalink

@Mario – Without looking at your site, it's impossible to say what's going on. You'll need to check the error log (through your admin panel) and find the error corresponding to the code (in the case you posted, a1d37f). That would give us a better idea of what is going on with your site. Another question: do you have any third-party mods installed?

88. Tam S
    Posted April 1, 2011 at 1:44 am | Permalink

Hi SE team. Is there an ETA on SE 4.1.4 right now? I assume some time in April?

89. philip
    Posted April 2, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Permalink

hope u guys fix the embedding of video on Blogs/Forum on the the next 4.1.4 update

90. Ian
    Posted April 3, 2011 at 9:24 am | Permalink

4.13 Fresh Site Install Forum Bug:

Just made a test post in my forum and for my admin account it displays:

4294967295 posts

on the left under my icon. I'd say that's a "slight" exaggeration 😛

91. Ian
    Posted April 4, 2011 at 10:56 am | Permalink

Does anyone know how BB code works in the forum? I can't find any knowledgebase articles or documentation on the SocialEngine website, and haven't been able to make it work (and yes, it's enabled in my site settings)

92. Ian
    Posted April 4, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

What's the deal with the WYSIWIG editor for blogs? I made a blog post and in the editor it shows clear spacing between paragraphs.

When I published it the blog does not have these spaces, forcing me to edit it and add an extra return between paragraphs in order for spacing to display when it's published.

How long have you had this version of SE out now? Why aren't simple things like this being corrected in the platform?

93. Charlotte
    Posted April 4, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

@Anthony – I've fixed the BBCode issues in v4.1.4 which will be out April 13th. As for the blog editor, this is a quirk of TinyMCE. TinyMCE adds <p> tags around each "paragraph". Within the editor, the <p> tag has a fair bit of margin, but on the blog, it doesn't. This will also be standardized in v4.1.4.

94. Ian
    Posted April 4, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Permalink

Hey Charlotte,

Great to hear, thanks for the prompt response and looking forward to these corrections.

95. Ian
    Posted April 4, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Permalink

Charlotte, any thought to using the FCK editor instead of TinyMCE?

Also would be nice to consider having a photo upload feature similar to Facebook, where you can highlight multiple photos at once, rather than having to browse to one at a time.

And of course, better mobile capabilities would be hugely popular for my community.

96. Ian
    Posted April 6, 2011 at 12:45 am | Permalink

Status updates, when integrated with Facebook, prompt members if they'd like to publish to their Facebook Wall.

Any chance this can also be incorporated for other site content? Right now one has to share a blog, forum topic, poll, photo/album in order to get it onto their Facebook Wall.

Most will be unlikely to take this extra step. If on the admin side we could control which types of new content created would prompt members to publish to Facebook, it would be a welcome addition.

I'm sure my members wouldn't want to be prompted after every reply in the forum, but perhaps when they create a new topic that would be something we'd enable

97. Ian
    Posted April 6, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

Is there a setting where we can default to facebook wall publishing for members accounts?

Right now they have to remember to click the little F logo in order to go through the process. Anyway to make this default to being selected?

98. Shaggy
    Posted April 7, 2011 at 1:55 am | Permalink

Can you pretty please TEST and confirm that ALL, the complete migration script works from V3 to V4 in this release so I can finally upgrade to V4. I have just been waiting for a stable version to be available and I feel the team has really been working hard on the upcoming release so I would really, really, really like to finally be able to move from v3 to v4, so please test and confirm that the whole migration script works in this release!

99. Preston
    Posted April 7, 2011 at 8:04 pm | Permalink

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO UPGRADE TO VERSION 4.1.3.

Jason H. brought up a VERY important issue on March 20, 2011 that seems to have gone unnoticed by anyone.

While on the browse members page, a user can select to Add Friend. After the page refreshes, the same user can then select to Confirm Friend Request. After this, an activity feed item is created stating that the two people are friends, even though the other person has not confirmed the friendship. This, however, does not appear to create an actual friendship (Neither friend is displayed on the profile under the "friends" tab).

100. Meyssam
    Posted April 10, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Permalink

Hi guys
    After Upgrading to new 4.1.3:
    1 – Auto approval for new users doesn't work even if it's enabled. I always have users in admin panel waiting for my approval, and I lost a lot of members because of that.
    2 – Friendship requests are buggy. I have friend requests but once I click on accept and confirm, nothing happens.
    3 – I don't receive any email notification for any kind of activities anymore, even messages.
    4 – I did not check the rest yet, but these issues are very critical.
    Thanks and waiting for reply…

101. Posted April 11, 2011 at 9:50 am | Permalink

By looking into the comments and the problem each people facing i am afraid to go for the new upgrades. My site is stable and members are enjoying. When can we think of getting the bug free version to upgrade. I will love to hear from the SE people whether these comments are valid or it is of people misconception or setting related problem?

102. Daniel
    Posted April 12, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Permalink

Is there a way of fixing the video issue (stream not found) with the 30 day trial? It's the last thing I want to properly test before buying the full product

103. Adriana
    Posted April 13, 2011 at 8:21 am | Permalink

There are two big PROBLEMS with this version, PLEASE HELP Me fix them!

1. The networks page: In IE7 You cannot scroll or Join Networks
    2. The friendship request is backwards, when you request a friendship, you get accept request and the other person gets: cancel request.

Please help me fix these 2 problems

104. Helen
    Posted April 16, 2011 at 9:07 am | Permalink

I am also experiencing HUGE problems with this release. I am restoring a back-up of an earlier version of SE. Its really stuffed. Sorry developers… this realease is too problematic.