Designers Paradise – Important Info

Just a quick note for any of our clients who may have tried to contact Designers Paradise this week:

Designers Paradise were recently hacked and their mailing system went down, including all their support tickets. They have asked us to let everyone know that their mailing support system will be up and running within the next couple of days.

For anyone who has tried to email their support over the last 4-5 days, please try to email again from Friday this week. Designers Paradise have sent their apologies for any inconvenience this has caused, as they definitely do not like to let their SocialEngine customers down. Thanks for your patience.

Please forward any correspondence regarding this matter to Designers Paradise directly.

1. Posted May 4, 2011 at 12:21 am | Permalink

They have been very dependable and I love their plugins. Sorry to hear they got hacked.

2. Wes
    Posted May 4, 2011 at 1:10 am | Permalink

I have 3 open items with them. Do you mean that we should not contact them until Friday (May 6)?

3. Posted May 5, 2011 at 5:23 am | Permalink

So that means that if you guys send login information for FTP ,admins atc is time to change it .

4. Some.one
    Posted May 5, 2011 at 8:16 am | Permalink

They disappointed me, I contacted one of their designers, he said he would work with me but never said anything after I explained everything.

5. TechGnome
    Posted May 5, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Permalink

This now makes two of SocialEngine's approved plugin developers getting hacked within two months. I'm sorry they're going through this and I'd be very interested to know if this is deliberate sabotage of SE developers. Very uncool.

6. Ian Jones
    Posted May 8, 2011 at 11:08 am | Permalink

I have been trying for ages to get hold of these guys as i want to purchase pluggins from them.

I cannot join there site (as it says i am giving an invalide phone number, and no matter what i try i cannot get it to work)

I have tried loads of times to contact them by email but as yet i have had no responce!!

I want there auction pluggin, but there making it impossible to buy it as i need to ask about any mods i need before i purchase!

7. Jaii
    Posted May 8, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Permalink

It's been ages since this has occurred, is there any updates for when work will return to normal.

Most Important of All: Who do Customers need to Contact in order to get Support for their items sold during this time, I still haven't heard a response from the 3+ Support emails I've sent to 3+ different contact locales…

Please, contact me ASAP woorerra@hotmail.com
    J.

8. Lawrence Flack
    Posted May 10, 2011 at 5:43 am | Permalink

Update from them today:

Hi –

We thought we would let everyone know that we are now up and running completely in regards to email support. We have had alot of trouble since our mailing server was messed with.

We are now up and running and we ask anyone who has posted requests within the last couple of weeks to please do so again as we do not have any emails since the problem occurred.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks

Designers Paradise

9. Carter
    Posted May 11, 2011 at 11:56 pm | Permalink

I can't recommend DP… I need a reliable 3rd party dev to have their own website and answer their own emails w/o this portal. It's just too much of a headache already w/o inserting someone b/w you and your dev.

10. Posted May 12, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Permalink

KK's, first info I've ever recieved as an update since the Crash… I think that if something of this magnitude should occur again you should have an Official dedicated portal for your clients to be able to get in touch with you knowing our messages will get to you.

Secondly, if that isn't a viable option you can always compile a list of email of all of your current members so you can keep US ALL updated in real-time.
    To elaborate if I may briefly. You posted this update on this page almost 4 days ago (May 09), & I posted some (obviously) unnecessary negative feedback on your main dev Page TODAY?!?! I don't like to give negative feedback, but because my hand was forced due to a mis-handling of your delegation skills (which I'm sure you'll learn from) the negative feedback ended up being irrelivent to the fact… Love your plug-ins btw!!!

11. Posted May 13, 2011 at 12:18 am | Permalink

I am hopeful of a response & felt it prudent to post here so that once I've received adequate support for my products, I can come back here & give a thumbs up review :D.
    Cheers.
    J.

12. Posted May 14, 2011 at 8:27 am | Permalink

Maybe i can offer a better mailing system for the store…and the store site also … an offer from the customer :)

13. Wes
    Posted May 15, 2011 at 12:56 am | Permalink

I received the same email from them. I emailed them 3 times to 3 different email address' to get my existing, paid support tickets worked on. STILL – no response. This is pathetic!

14. Posted May 16, 2011 at 8:50 am | Permalink

No Thumbs Up Review Guys! Not after not only 3-4 attempts, but to really make sure that there were absolutely no response whatsoever from any available Channel from DP I posted through each & every one of them individual requests for Support & I am still waiting on a response. These emails were from May 4th till this very moment I write you this review.

I am now looking into other means of establishing these Paid-Plugins (I received from Designers Paradise) into some form, or kind of workable Mess….

Awesome, Thumbs Up for No Face!!!!!

15. Jack
    Posted May 18, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

I've emailed the 5 times now because after installing their Achievements script, not only am I no longer able to access the layout editor for profile pages, but any time I try to upload a photo it, it just goes blank. I have contacted them 5 times for support… No responses at all! I've been forced to file a claim with paypal to get some of my money back. Do not order from these people until they learn better customer support!

16. Thorsten
    Posted May 24, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Permalink

any news from them?

17. Wes
    Posted May 25, 2011 at 1:25 am | Permalink

It was nice of Social Engine to post this blog – but now that none of us are getting a response from these people – Social Engine should remove them from their recommended developers listing (even black list them). I sent my 6th email with no response (since end of april!).

18. Wes
    Posted May 27, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

Update all – I received an email from Sales stating that they are working through "1000's" of emails since the hack. And that I should submit another support ticket. FYI

19. Mara
    Posted August 18, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Permalink

Just an update – We have not heard any news re: Designers Paradise for some time, and so have disabled their plugin listings until we receive further correspondence. We provide the community pages to give you an idea of the stuff that's out there for SocialEngine, however we're not responsible for how third-party developers operate or provide support for the products they create.