WebHive is a team of talented developers from the Ukraine. They’ve been developing for SocialEngine for years. Below, they provide you a quick glimpse of their design process.
WebHive: Clients often ask about our designing process. So we’d just like to provide you with the few common steps we utilize for desiging templates/plugins.
1. Understanding Requirements
We need to first understand the goals of the project to create the design that will work (keep users active, increase signup, sales, etc).
Here is the list of details we need to know from a client:
- The main idea of the website and target audience
- Examples of designs person likes (few URLs of live websites will be useful)
- Style, colors, logo (if available)
- A plan on how the community will be advetrised and monetized.
Designing a mock-up is a bridge between draft and design. It helps to get client’s opinion on future design and apply required changes if necessary.
After the design is approved, our coder starts to slice the psd file to html/css and creates the SocialEngine 4 theme(or theme for other platform). Usually the design creation and integration take about three weeks.
4. The final step is testing and setup.
Usually it takes few days to get this done. As a result you get unique design which is based on your requirements.