SocialEngine 4.2.2 – The MooTools Update

It’s upgrade time again. We’ve updated Mootools, so say goodbye to those javascript errors in Firefox. Other updates include improved Facebook/Twitter integration, additional Janrain data pre-population, and more! See our changelog for full details. As always, don’t forget to backup. Download 4.2.2 from your account!

Have questions? Email us!

UPDATE: We’ve patched the “edit choices” bug in the Profile Questions settings page. Once you download the patch please overwrite application/modules/fields/views/scripts/_jsAdmin.tpl

1. Posted March 22, 2012 at 4:24 am | Permalink

Wow wow wow, After I saw on changelog, I wish everything is better then before.

How about loading speed? I hope so

2. Posted March 22, 2012 at 5:25 am | Permalink

Just installed 4.2.2 and it was a breeze. So far, it appears to be working fine. Still testing it out.

3. Kainoa
    Posted March 22, 2012 at 7:03 am | Permalink

Really? You've updated Mootools? How'z about you say Goodbye to Mootools and say hello to jQuery? C'mon guys lets grow up for once!

4. Martyn
    Posted March 22, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

What about speed? Any improvements related to that?

5. se license owner.
    Posted March 22, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Permalink

Please get rid of smoothbox. Now is the time to do it! http://iaian7.com/webcode/mediaboxAdvanced#examples is MUCH MUCH BETTER.

6. ragab
    Posted March 22, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Permalink

1St thanks a lot
    2Nd any news about speed issue ?

7. Ricardo
    Posted March 22, 2012 at 9:48 pm | Permalink

I cant edit my layout, :( i try for example, change my logo, and when i click in "edit" nothing happens :( what could be wrong?

8. Michael
    Posted March 22, 2012 at 10:58 pm | Permalink

I am having a few problems with the upgrade. There are issues with permissions on module-fields upgrade of SE. I change the permissions to 777 and they keep going back to 644. Anyone else having this issue?

9. Posted March 23, 2012 at 4:06 am | Permalink

Unlike some of the users, my upload speed went up(unlike the previous upgrade). Page speed score went up to 90%. I have aadded the Gzip code to the .htaccess file and it appears to work just fine.
    Just not able to change the admin panel logo but I think that has more to do with CDN and not the recent upgrade.

10. Tony
    Posted March 23, 2012 at 7:23 am | Permalink

Loading speed is a bit slow after upgrade. GTmetrix score went down from A to C even after changes made.

11. Rob
    Posted March 23, 2012 at 11:35 am | Permalink

I didn't upgrade to 4.2.1 cos I read the problems folks were having….. and thought better of it. Do I need to upgrade to 4.2.1 before I go to 4.2.2 – or can I just go straight to 4.2.2?

Thanks,
    Rob

12. Martin
    Posted March 23, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

I want one of those tshirts and a coffee mug!

13. husamettin
    Posted March 23, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

I've got some problem with aministrator panel. that section; Admin Panel–>Settings–>Profile Questions. And then i choise Multiple Choise but not working edit choise like on photo and i think ( javascrip:void(o) ) doesn't working. I don't enter any choise in this section. For example: my editing profile type is dog, cat and then i want to enter the gender of dog but i don't open "edit choise button.. if you know this problem please help me :) thanks a lot :)

14. Inti
    Posted March 23, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

Anyone else having issue with site speed using Firefox?

15. Mohamed
    Posted March 23, 2012 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

I get this (when i try to upgrade the chat plugin)
    (error – Query failed with error: Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate key name 'recipient_deleted')
    what should i do?

16. Evgeny
    Posted March 23, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

I cannot edit my profile fields. All pulldown menus do not work.

17. Posted March 23, 2012 at 4:40 pm | Permalink

On files External-tinymice, Library-Pear and Module-Core – I get an error message saying set chipmod to 0777 – cp panel at server plainly shows those chipmods are set to 0777. Any ideas? This same thing happened with the last upgrade and only on those three files.

18. Jeff
    Posted March 24, 2012 at 4:04 am | Permalink

I'm also having trouble with pull down menus not appearing on profile fields and every other plugin that allows form field creation. A solution to this is somewhat urgent.

19. Posted March 24, 2012 at 6:13 am | Permalink

The only major problem I have with Search. I get this error whenever I randomly search"We are currently experiencing some technical issues. Please try again or report this to your site administrator using the contact form.

Administrator: Please check the error log in your admin panel for more information regarding this error.

Error Code: e327d8 "
    This only started happening after the upgrade. Anyone know anything about this or having the same problem?

20. Posted March 24, 2012 at 8:58 am | Permalink

Does anyone know if this update has addressed the bug. When you set the sign up process to only allow members to join if they add a photo upon sign up. This does not work in 4.2.1

Thanks

21. Alison
    Posted March 24, 2012 at 11:28 am | Permalink

Given up with the updates. I can't afford to waste any more time with these version updates. I'll wait to upgrade from v3 until there is a stable version of socialengine that actually imports all data. 4.2.2 update didn't work (again). Let's hope the wait isn't going to be too long.

22. ajit
    Posted March 24, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

me to getting 0777 error during install even i check and re-edit folder permissions in ftp :(

23. Filip
    Posted March 24, 2012 at 7:39 pm | Permalink

I agree with "Evgeny I." …. if you want to edit some things on profile questions the "edit choices" link is not opening on click… and also when you want to put a new widget on some page, first you have to put the widget on the bottom of all the widgets then you can move it in another position … let's hope will start to go up and not down …

24. George
    Posted March 24, 2012 at 10:17 pm | Permalink

I also can not edit profile fields. "edit choices" gets me nothing (javascript:void(0);) — it does not work on Windows 7 in either Firefox or Internet Explorer. I would recommend that noone upgrade to this version until they issue a patch for this problem.

25. Posted March 25, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

Hi guys,

Thank you for the great update. I uploaded the file but it still says "pending extraction" and this is over 10hrs ago.

Am I missing something and what did I do wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciloved.

~Brett A. Scudder~

26. Posted March 25, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

Everything updated well. Thanks, and keep up the great work.

27. Martin
    Posted March 25, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

Trying to upgrade to 4.2.2, and doing nothing different as usual, I now get a "The page you have attempted to access could not be found." and I cannot access the package handler. All I get is that error trying to access it…

Any suggestions?

28. Posted March 25, 2012 at 6:40 pm | Permalink

i really think, this is the worst version ever. im not sure about clean install but upgrade is really dodgy.

1. is admin area smoothbox has a problem loading in installing addons and trying to verify serial number in a smoothbox window, wich is a minor problem, if you trying to install new addon, its impossible
    2. music plugin has a serious problem, if you uploading a big music file, even if its allowed in php.ini, especially with using amazon s3 storage and its taking forever

please, fix asap thanx john http://www.megasity.com

29. Posted March 27, 2012 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

I am having some problems with the upgrade. I hope they are working on fixing the issues that I have identified. Just like anything else, there always seems to be something that does not work right. More important is how the company is correcting the issues. I have really enjoyed social engine so I hope they get all of the bugs worked out.

30. Matt
    Posted March 27, 2012 at 11:38 pm | Permalink

As always, please submit a support ticket or contact us for assistance (http://www.socialengine.net/contact).

@Bohuslav Add-on installation and the Music Plugin should function properly. Please submit a ticket to have us troubleshoot your site.

@Martin Upgrades should be successful. Please look up the error code information and contact us.

@Brett Have you tried uploading via FTP? We have some instructions at the end of this tutorial: http://www.socialengine.net/support/documentation/article?q=140

@Ajit and others The 0777 error may be happening if the user changing file permissions is not able to make changes on the server. Please contact your hosting provider to change the file permissions, or contact us through support or email.

@Edward Please contact support for assistance with search. Search should be functioning properly.

@Mohamed There are no known errors with the Chat Plugin. Please contact us for support.

@Ricardo Layout editor pages can be edited. I recommend submitting a ticket to our staff so they can troubleshoot your site.

31. Posted March 28, 2012 at 9:17 pm | Permalink

Thank you very much for the bug fix in "edit choices" now all is working very good in this area.Have a nice day and hope to hear good news also about the default email templates maybe a tiny editor with wysiwyg it will be good so we can customize the email messages with some header,footer and content images and presentations ?
    Thank you again and good luck.

32. Mercedes
    Posted March 30, 2012 at 3:30 am | Permalink

Thank you for the patch for "edit choices" in Profile Questions. I just wanted to tell you that my path is different:

/application/modules/Fields/views/scripts/_jsAdmin.tpl

Take care copying application to the directory via eg FileZilla.

I would like to take this opportunity to suggest you that a Custom Field to upload photos (and videos, files etc) would be very useful.

Best wishes

Mercedes

33. Paul
    Posted April 6, 2012 at 10:36 am | Permalink

We have upgraded to 4.2.2 and only Package Manager has upgraded to 4.2.2, now we are unable to proceed any further with module-blogs-4.2.2.tar and socialengine4.2.2.tar both saying pending extraction.

The rest of the files are all available to uncheck or remove, but we are not able to continue with the update.

Please advise

Thanks

34. MARK
    Posted April 10, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Permalink

Okay my last question went ignored, so I'm going to ask again, how do you upload this update? Which part of the admin control panel?
    I'm lost…

35. Richard
    Posted April 21, 2012 at 10:57 pm | Permalink

@Mark To upgrade please follow these instructions: http://www.socialengine.net/support/documentation/article?q=140&question=Performing-Upgrades Note, we are now running SE 4.2.3 . If you wish to have us upgrade, purchase an upgrade ticket here: socialengine.net/client

@Paul Please contact us and we will look into this error socialengine.net/contact

@Mercedes Thank you for the suggestion