SocialEngine 4.2.5 – Introducing Quantum and Musicbox Themes

Our minor 4.2.5 update is now ready for download.   Access your account to get started, and please remember to backup your site before upgrading!  Check out the changelog, and here’s a list of highlights.

Highlights:

• You can now browse photo albums using an All Categories option.
  • Two new default themes are now available, each with 8 color variations: Quantum and Musicbox.
  • Fixed user table member counts when switching between 1-way and 2-way friendships.
  • When blocked, members are now unable to send friend requests.

Please leave us a comment, or email us if you have any questions. As we mentioned in other posts, expect speed improvements in our next update. Thanks!

1. Thomas
    Posted June 28, 2012 at 6:43 am | Permalink

How do i find the new themes for my site

2. hamidou
    Posted June 28, 2012 at 8:30 am | Permalink

where is the new theme ?

3. Carl
    Posted June 28, 2012 at 10:34 am | Permalink

Have you fixed the “no token found” error when posting on the blog? This bug has been there for quite a while.

4. LionHeart
    Posted June 28, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Permalink
  5. Posted June 28, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

Upgrade went well, there’s a slight speed bump to so I’m looking forward to the next update (4.3 or something) – I do hope existing features would also be improved for convenience.

Still love SE and will prefer it over the competition! :)

6. Posted June 28, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Permalink

Happy to hear that the upgrade went well @twitter-35430335:disqus and you’re enjoying SE.

7. Alex
    Posted June 29, 2012 at 12:09 am | Permalink

Is there a way to trial the new 4.2.5? The trial version is still 4.2.2

8. Posted June 29, 2012 at 1:07 am | Permalink

Hello, have you fixed Chat Module and IM Chat Module? We had lot of issues with them, showing absolutely wrong and wierd informations (like showing everyone in comunity online when there is none, or getting chat messages minute after sending and so on).. Anyone else with the same problem?

9. Posted June 29, 2012 at 2:53 am | Permalink

The first time that I had an upgrade with no speed issues. Still an A on GTmetrix. http://www.wingley.com

10. Tony
    Posted June 29, 2012 at 6:32 pm | Permalink

I having trouble with the new update with the
    Edit Site Layout >
    Editing: Home Pageit won’t drop down and show other pages for some reason

11. Juanchosilverado
    Posted June 29, 2012 at 8:37 pm | Permalink

Hello I can´t upgrade my site… I need some help plz…

12. charlie
    Posted June 30, 2012 at 2:06 am | Permalink

I have the same problem,infact its been like that from day 1 one year ago

13. vuduvision.com
    Posted June 30, 2012 at 5:44 am | Permalink

when are you going to ad proximity search in member search and make it ads only show to the location they are meant for… i hate that all my members in texas complane every day that they see ads for california business’s this is more important than most upgrades you have done over the last couple of years… people want to find people with in 30 or 40 miles from them they do not want to see the entire state and selling advertisement space is a real pain because business’s do not want ads from another state popping up before their ad in their state… these are must fix issues biggest complaints i get and i get them every day

14. redurbana,Org
    Posted June 30, 2012 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

received from arvixe.com

Right now your VPS has plenty of free memory, though load is fairly high. You’re averaging about 50% CPU utilization, so I could easily see that creating problems if your site got busy. index.php are both processes that are consistently using significant CPU.

is your page completely unavailable when you’re having these problems, or is it slow/throwing errors?

15. Zubairu
    Posted July 1, 2012 at 1:09 am | Permalink

Well, the new changes are good, but still needs some improvements, more especially to add pages option as well as ability to change a tab name directly. I tried this on my site
    http://www.muryararewa.com, but it gives me some bugs, so I bypass and create a new tab and named it after the desired tab.

16. Posted July 1, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Permalink

Yes, this is wasted 60$ because modules do NOT work!

17. Sarah@BBC
    Posted July 3, 2012 at 10:26 pm | Permalink

We wanted to use SE for a CBBC site for the bbc. However the awful chat faclities made us turn them down…..Three years later and they still haven’t made it better. Lacks all the moderator features that all chat modules have, Looks like a live chat for a support site.

18. joshy
    Posted July 7, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

how did u find d new theme?? yr site looks good

19. joshy
    Posted July 7, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

locating d themes????

20. Michael
    Posted July 9, 2012 at 5:37 am | Permalink

I’m have a problem

Missing image – /hehe/application/themes/clean/images/icon_explore.png / /var/www/hehe/application/themes/clean/images/icon_explore.png

21. Nagendra
    Posted July 9, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Permalink

Try to Solve the Problem that When we Hide the Header and Footer make page in Center try to solve this problem.

22. nagendra
    Posted July 10, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Permalink

New Update was good but I had added new themes to my site Musicbox and Quantum I change color for Music box blue need make background white and font black. means Opposite can you tell me how change them what css need to change or make White and Blue Music box template it will be better

23. Brooke
    Posted July 10, 2012 at 10:42 pm | Permalink

SE have there default user online/offline set at 20mins. Its crazy but true. you will have to get a code change to set the user online to 1min. It is the only way to change this setting. Took me weeks to get that answer from SE. good luck there paid support is very time consuming to say the lest.

24. cabrown
    Posted July 11, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

I totally agree with this post. People want to see ads that are in their area.

25. Nagendra
    Posted July 11, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

Can you make script much load means for accepting friend request and sending friend request etc why don’t you add feature like in facebook adding friends,

26. Posted July 13, 2012 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

When I download this I get a folder rather than the normal .tar file. Where do I drag the folder to?

27. Jersey Peeps
    Posted July 14, 2012 at 1:25 am | Permalink

Why is this a zip file and not a tar file like all previous upgrades??

28. Posted July 14, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Permalink

I tried clicking on the videos to install but they come up “Private” and are inaccessible.

29. JERSEY PEEPS
    Posted July 20, 2012 at 1:51 am | Permalink

would seem that there is no point asking for help here with a file that should be a tar file….a ploy to get people to sign up for their $35 support? which is useless if your social engine site is modified in anyway what so ever. Come on SE team, why is it a zip file instead of your normal tar file update??

30. rishi
    Posted July 26, 2012 at 11:47 pm | Permalink

Its not working fine in Developement Mode. Version4.2.4 was working fine but 4.2.5 is not working fine in developement mode. All the style goes away. Please look into this.

31. Skidpics
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 6:38 pm | Permalink

All the style goes
    away in Dev Mode. Please look into this.

32. alhajikdabo
    Posted August 10, 2012 at 2:01 am | Permalink

I have heard that some new plugin releases coming up very soon!

4.2 engine

33. DanieleW
    Posted November 12, 2012 at 7:20 am | Permalink

the same here on windows server with 4.2.8, to fix you must place a file named icon_explore.png in applicationthemesYOURTHEMEimages