Good news everyone! We’ve released a significant update to SocialEngine PHP that includes an array of bug fixes and many other improvements. Here’s a partial list:
- Upgraded TinyMCE from v3 to v4
- Added support for HTML5 notifications for chat messages (all major browsers)
- Fixed some broken translation phrases
- Optimized image files and other static assets for faster loading
- Fixed the quote button on the Group plugin
- Fixed the number of entries allowed for in the Blog plugin member settings
- Fixed a variety of bugs that were causing fatal errors for installations running on PHP 5.4+ in strict mode.
- Fixed a problem with people not showing up in members’ buddy lists within the Chat plugin
- Improved compatibility for link previews in feed posts
SocialEngine clients can grab the new SE PHP 4.7 code from the client area. Remember to make a *complete* backup of your installation before performing an upgrade. If you’ve made significant custom changes to your source code, remember that they could pose problems during the upgrade process, so enlist a developer to help you if you’re not comfortable with the process yourself.
We have many more SE PHP improvements coming in the pipeline and will be returning to a regular (and more frequent) release schedule. I’ll follow up with another blog entry detailing the next round of improvements and new features to come to SE PHP.
Happy community building!