Good news everyone! We recently released SocialEngine PHP 4.8 with feature updates and bug fixes. Following are the notes for the SocialEngine PHP 4.8.0 release:
- Option to hide subscription plans for users after they sign up
- Upgraded Zend Framework to v1.12.3
- Improved the robustness of the email queue
- Improved compatibility with older FFMpeg versions
- Added bot sign-up mitigation
- Polls search options
- Archive_Tar compatibility problems with PHP v5.5
- Some PHP warnings
- PayPal gateway testing function
- Quote button in the forum
- Forum search input placeholder
- Forum deletion problem
- Profile-Friends widget problem
- Image preview size for mobile
- Video module and SSL
- Double announcements
- 404 for /widget
- Added missing phrases to the translation files
- Twitter API changes
- Music sharing in the Activity Feed
- ReCaptcha for SSL
- Facebook/Twitter/Janrain sign in redirection
- Notifications bug when sharing music on the Activity Feed
- ReCaptcha for sign ins
- Inbox/notifications breaking after disabling modules
SocialEngine clients can grab the new SE PHP 4.8.0 code from the client area. Remember to make a *complete* backup of your installation before performing an upgrade. If you’ve made significant custom changes to your source code, remember that they could pose problems during the upgrade process, so enlist a developer to help you if you’re not comfortable with the process yourself.
Reminder, please submit any feature or bug requests for SE PHP to our public bug and feature request tracker.
I want to thank everyone for their continued enthusiasm for the future SocialEngine.
UPDATE: As a reminder we do have an upgrade service available for $150. You can purchase it from your customer account at socialengine.com.