My name is Stepan, I am a recently hired CTO for SocialEngine. I will be posting an update to our roadmap and future plans soon, but for now I wanted to let you guys know we’re released 4.8.1.
Here are the summary of feature and bug fixes that were included in SocialEngine PHP 4.8.1 Release:
- Added a rich text widget for WYSIWYG editing of HTML blocks
- Added link button to TinyMCE for blog posts
- Fixed a bug where minimum age validation was always failing
- Fixed cloned themes were always the active theme
- Fixed manifest file was not correctly set when cloning themes
- Check valid content returned by getItem() before using it on Abuse Reports
- Music player no longer breaks if using a CDN
- Fixed a bug that was checking permissions for events incorrectly
- Logged out users can now view event photos without errors
- Comment announcements for forums take you to the page with the comment
- Adding multiple album categories no longer causes an error
- Accessing the package manager over SSL no longer breaks page styles
- Subscriptions that shouldn’t be shown to renewals no longer do
- Corrected an issue caused when some DBs don’t treat empty strings as NULL
- Made the alt-text consistent across member widgets
- Users with no last-modified date now display their created date
- Adding margin/padding to the body no longer confuses FancyUploader
SocialEngine clients can grab the new SE PHP 4.8.1 code from the client area. Remember to make a *complete* backup of your installation before performing an upgrade. If you’ve made significant custom changes to your source code, remember that they could pose problems during the upgrade process, so enlist a developer to help you if you’re not comfortable with the process yourself. We do have an upgrade service available for $150. You can purchase it from your customer account at socialengine.com.
As always, please submit any feature or bug requests for SE PHP to our public bug and feature request tracker.