We’re pleased to announce that the highly anticipated SocialEngine PHP 4.8.9 is released! We’ve made many important changes, including a fix for the issues caused by Facebook and YouTube API updates. If you’ve been waiting for a better import tool to migrate your website from Ning to SocialEngine PHP, the time is now! We’ve updated our Ning importer and now it’s better than ever.
Where to get the update: You can download this latest version of SocialEngine PHP from your client area.
Caution! Please be sure to do a complete backup of your files and your database before upgrading to 4.8.9. If you’re not comfortable doing the backup and installation yourself, we’d be happy to help you out! Simply go to the client store and purchase the upgrade service, and we’ll take care of it.
Changes: Below is a list of all the fixes included in 4.8.9:
- Fixed compatibility issue in Videos that appeared because of YouTube depreciating their API v2 and switching to v3. Note: After upgrading your website to 4.8.9, you will need to enter a new API key for Google Services, accessible in the Admin > Plugins > Videos > Global Settings section of your site. To learn how to create that key with correct permissions, read our Configuring Admin Panel for YouTube Update article. Fixes #44
- Fixed a compatibility issue with Facebook integration that appeared because of Facebook deprecating their “offline_access” permission. For more details, check out this article on the Facebook integration fix. Fixes #42
- Updated our Ning importer tool, fixing multiple issues and enabling import of pages. Read our Ning Archiver Importer article for more details on this.
- Fixed a log error that appeared when Albums section was being accessed by non-logged users.
- Fixed issue with “Translation Performance” setting not getting saved in a few cases. Fixes #45
- Fixed an issue where empty Music Playlists were not being displayed in “Manage Playlists” section of administration.
- Fixed issue where incorrect timezone was being displayed in the email that goes to site admin on every new signup.
- Fixed the order of member names that was being displayed in pop-up clicking on or showing list of members’ name in alphabetical order for inviting to join group.
- Fixed issue with “Name” field of signup form that was conflicting with another form’s Name field when existing on same page.
- Fixed issue with newly registered members getting two emails: “Welcome email” and “Welcome email with Password”.
- Fixed an issue where search engines were indexing the website in maintenance mode. Fixes #18
- Fixed issue with search corresponding to custom profile question “Country” that was not working on “Manage Classifieds” page.
- Fixed an issue where a few activity feeds on the “Member Home Page” sometimes appeared missing.
- Fixed issue with “Allow Messaging” setting that was not working fine in mobile site.
- Fixed issue with albums link that was redirecting to a “Page Not Found” message. This appears when a photo received in a message is viewed.
- Fixed an issue where edited discussion posts in Events were displayed with HTML Tags. Fixes #48
- Fixed issue where custom pages having hyphens (-) in their URLs were not working.
- Increased the width of Layout Editor’s “Page Block Placement” area for better accessibility at admin panel.
- Fixed an issue allowing multiple line breaks in comments. Fixes #40
- Fixed an issue that caused photos to turn sideways when captured and uploaded from a few android and iOS devices.
Plugins: We’ve also upgraded Albums, Classifieds, Events, Groups, Mobile, Music and Videos plugins to 4.8.9.
Changelog: You can browse the complete changelog file for more details about the fixes implemented in this release.
Super sleuths: Six of those fixes were reported by our amazing community. You can always submit any feature requests or bug reports for SocialEngine PHP to our public bugs and suggestions tracker. Thanks for your continued support!
Contact: Please contact us if you have any questions.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.