Easily Import a PHPfox community to SocialEngine PHP

BlogHeader

We are happy to announce the launch of a 3rd party PHPfox importer script for SocialEngine PHP.  Developers looking for a PHPfox alternative now have an easy-to-use tool that was throughly tested on large customized PHPfox sites.

PHPfox Import Script is available for purchase at:

• Pages & Groups
  • Marketplace Listings
  • Activity Feed
  • Privacy
  • Chat
  • Likes
  • Comments
  • Nested Comments
  • Attachments
  • Friends
  • Private Messaging
  • Announcements
  • Account Privacy
  • Custom Fields
  • SEO – Meta Keywords & Description
  • Custom Pages
  • Ad Campaigns
  • Poke
  • Banned Users
  • Facebook and Janrain Users
  • Admin Settings …. and many more

How do I do it?

First step: purchase a SocialEngine PHP license $299-$699.

Next: visit SocialEngineAddOns PHPfox import tool resource page to get started for only $29.

Why SocialEngine?

SocialEngine offers the best in stable, functional, and up-to-date social networking software. SocialEngine dedicates significant time and resources towards making improvements and upgrades. Also, SocialEngine is constantly improving our approach to customer experience, making it a top priority to ensure website admins receive quality support.

With this SocialEngineAddOns PHPfox import tool, your PHPfox community will transfer seamlessly and you can pick up right where you left off.

1. Ilja Polivanovas
    Posted August 31, 2015 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

Is there anything similar for the migration from Oxwall?

2. Posted August 31, 2015 at 3:51 pm | Permalink

We haven’t heard of any developers working on such integration. If somebody does, let us know and we’ll definitely feature it.

3. Posted September 1, 2015 at 4:49 am | Permalink

Thanks for sharing our “PHPfox Importer for SocialEngine” [ http://www.socialengineaddons.com/phpfox-importer-socialengine ]. This import tool is a boon to clients who are looking for a feature-rich, interactive, easy-to-use platform to build their social networking website. SocialEngine offers a wide range of 3rd party plugins and themes that can be heavily customized to match a brand’s requirement. The whole migration process is safe and seamless using this importer tool. So, you can easily migrate your PHPFox website to SocialEngine and need not wait to start a thriving online community.

You can run this migration script multiple times in Test Mode before running it in Live Mode. Contact us from here [ http://www.socialengineaddons.com/contact ]. We will be happy to help you in migrating your PHPfox website to SocialEngine PHP.

4. Posted September 2, 2015 at 8:28 am | Permalink

Sweeet…. I was just looking for something like that.

5. steward
    Posted September 2, 2015 at 9:05 am | Permalink

A few years ago I paid phpfox $99 to migrate my site from 1.6 to 3.1
    They took a full month to do it, and argued it was my problem every step of the way.
    In the end it was a disaster that took me many long months to recover from.

Here I paid $39 and it was done in under two days.
    Support addressed every concern and went the extra mile for me.
    There was no arguing over customization. The data converted, end of story.

At this price, it’s worth it, even if you are just evaluating SE.
    Much easier to see and compare with your fox site when SE is populated with your own data.

I don’t have a lot of add-ons, so this is a 96% solution for me, nothing left to do but clean up around the edges. Given my contact with support I expect converting other modules may be inexpensive and fast. No conversion does everything 100%. The systems are different so there’s still some work to do.

But wow. What a deal.

Fair disclosure: I was one of the first customers, so it was in their interest to ensure it went smoothly.
    Compared to phpfox support, this was an amazing and delightful experience.

The conversion itself is professionally presented with more options than the usual fox “Press ENTER and cross fingers”. It ran quickly and smoothly for me. At this low price, money well spent.

Recommended.

6. Brent
    Posted September 7, 2015 at 2:34 am | Permalink

Best of the Best!

We have been working with SocialEngine AddOns for several years now. They keep getting better and better and as a result, are setting the pace for the entire industry. We implement their solutions and they keep coming up with new ones. Ive been doing high tech for 30 years – you will not find a better partner in the marketplace

1. Best Products.
    2. New & Innovative Products keep on coming
    3. Support is ON TARGET, ON TIME, EVERY TIME
    4. The future is Today with SEAddons

You can rest easy and focus on your business and SEAddons will help you ever step of the way.

Good Good Good….no not really, they are just GREAT!

BrentA – GoMainSt

7. Don T.
    Posted September 10, 2015 at 10:13 am | Permalink

3 reasons to migrate phpfox to socialengine & socialengineaddons. (read carefully then migrate!!1st What you need to know.

Two of many FOUNDATIONAL critical components needed to run a successful network are:

1) Your platform script ie, phpfox or socialengine… which will need clean code, stability speed, and support…

2) Modules, Apps & Themes which will determine the look, feel and
    how your users will interact (or not) within your community.

I know that sounds simple and obvious but here is what I have personally
    come to discover about phpfox and why you MUST use socialengine and
    socialengineaddons instead. BELIEVE ME, I AM SAVING YOU ALOT OF TIME,
    MONEY & COUNTLESS HEADACHES.

ALERT: PHPFOX IS IN AN AWKWARD PHASE THAT WILL LAST A MINIMUM OF A YEAR OR MORE.

Phpfox’s old flagship platform Nebula is outdated and can’t compare to
    the more modern and stable socialengine php script. Phpfox’s apps and
    themes are not even in the same class as the SEAO brand. So now phpfox
    is trying to catch up with a new flagship product called Neutron (which
    still looks like an outdated facebook clone)

The problem? With this new attempt that has not been battle tested or
    scaled yet, the script has bugs, speed and stability issues. What’s
    worse is since its new and unstable there aren’t any useful apps, themes
    or modules at this time. They call Neutron their future but the future
    is now and you cannot afford to be their Ginny pig paying with your hard
    earned money and dashed dreams.

Don’t believe me? Here is an excerpt right from their own words on their site. http://www.phpfox.com/nebula/

“Neutron is our future flagship product and is developed for our future,
    while Nebula has been our flagship product that has tons of awesome
    apps and themes. Since Neutron is new there isn’t a large database of
    apps and therefore we continue to support Nebula.”

2nd Socialengine

In contrast, SocialEngine is firing on all cylinders and all of us who
    use their script love them! They update us on what they are doing every
    month. The script is super stable and well documented, the code is
    crystal clear and their support tops the cake. Out the gate you will
    notice the superior speed compared to phpfox hence this is why I urge
    you to migrate now. You will immediately feel the difference, trust me!
    I’m not saying everything is always easy, but overall socialengine
    stands up on its own.

3rd Socialengineaddons

SEAO is to socialengine as cereal is to milk. SEAO goes hand in glove as
    they understand the ins and outs of the SE php script and people. I
    have used other developers in the SE community and SEAO is without
    question the best. They encompass EVERYTHING you will need on your
    journey. I don’t know what I would do without them.

To be more specific SEAO has all extremely well built themes, plugins
    and modules. Not only are they stable, but they’re relevant to the
    modern world we live in today. Their products cover the full gambit of
    what’s needed to run a successful network and then some.

SEAO also have a host of services you can choose, from setting up your
    servers to making custom changes on your site. The mobile apps they have
    designed are far superior than any other app on the market and for this
    reason alone SEAO is the only true choice if you want to be successful.

But the biggest most important reason you can’t go without SEAO is their
    support. The support that I get from SEAO makes me feel like they are
    an insurance company. What I mean is accidents happen but with insurance
    you have the peace of mind that life will still go on no matter what
    and you won’t be stuck without what you need. They support their
    products but I’m not kidding they support you. That is priceless my
    friend and its 1000% true.

I am sharing this with you as many people have shared their truths in
    these forums and it has helped me tremendously. I hope this helps you!

phpfox vs socialengine is not about comparing pros and cons because
    socialengine is by far superior across the board. However, I would bet
    my life savings that if you use SE and SEAO together, what you will
    accomplish will blow you away!

8. Steppas
    Posted September 16, 2015 at 9:29 am | Permalink

I am a newly migrated from Phpfox and was with them for many years. While in the beginning things was okay but then it all went sour when Moxi took over. They totally abandon us. I just want to say a big thank you Socialengineaddons for the smooth migration and constant support through this process. They have gone above and beyond to help me, making my transition very smooth and pleasant. They have such great products and support and I look forward to being one of their best customer.