Announcing the FREE phpFox Importer!

SocialEngine Importer for phpFox

Hi everyone! We’ve got some exciting news!

We know that changing platforms can be a stressful time. The decision to change to the award winning SocialEngine platform shouldn’t be. It should be an exciting time inspired by all the new possibilities. As such, we decided to release a FREE phpFox to SocialEngine importer!

Our dedication to excellence is our highest priority, so when developing our phpFox Importer we decided the best way to build it is to utilize phpFox insiders. We worked with two of the best former phpFox staff members, Raymond Benc and Donna Bryant, to bring you the easiest and most complete phpFox importer on the market. The importer was built by Raymond, founder of the phpFox platform and currently one of our Lead Developers while Donna (data66), well known in the phpFox community and our Chief Evangelist, helped with testing.

This importer works on either V3 or V4 versions of the phpFox platform and works with standard core modules. Should you need to add custom modules, feel free to either add them yourself or ask an Expert in our SocialEngine Marketplace.

We would like to welcome you to the family and thank you for choosing SocialEngine to power your community! As an extra bonus, click the link above for the phpFox to SocialEngine importer to learn how to get 10% off your purchase of a SocialEngine license!

A shout out to SocialEngineAddOns as they graciously donated the code base for the new importer which our in-house experts worked on.

Sincerely,
The SocialEngine Team

1. Posted February 21, 2017 at 1:37 pm | Permalink

Awesome news! It’s just not as powerful as what social engine can do. I’m proud to enjoy what is available out there, however since moving to social engine, I’ve noticed more stability, even with a performance set back. I hope many of the features native to phpfox can be natively built into social engine as well, and the staff of such a well successful platform, could influence the success of social engine and add to its harmony in this way. Thank you!

• Posted February 22, 2017 at 8:33 am | Permalink

Hello Elshara,

Thank you for your feedback. We’re happy you like SocialEngine and that your site is so much better now that you’ve moved to our script. I do recall you from phpFox.

Have a great day and feel free to connect with me at our community!

• Posted February 22, 2017 at 9:55 am | Permalink

I’d be honored to. I’m surprised you are actually here. Not just you, but Raymond as well. It’s like a family reunion. Thanks for the warm invitation. I hope you like working for Social Engine. Don’t let the people get you down. You’ve got an awesome heart in the right place.

• Posted February 23, 2017 at 8:03 am | Permalink

Thank you Elshara. Ray and I are happy being part of the SocialEngine family. :)

2. leandrotavaresrocha
    Posted February 22, 2017 at 11:03 am | Permalink

Any chance of a wordpress/bbpress/buddypress importer? I have a old huge buddypress community that I would like to import to SE.

• Posted February 23, 2017 at 8:01 am | Permalink

This sounds like a great idea. Have you added it to our Github? Noting that it would be faster to get something like this done by a third party developer. However, adding to our github tracker can help see how many are interested in this.

• Posted February 27, 2017 at 10:53 am | Permalink

IT should be easy to create this. It’s simply a matter of transferring

data tables over from a MYSQL database. Jamroom was thinking about creating one, and if or when they do, you could always build off the source code of such a module. I know of a few communities myself looking to get off Word Press and on to a better platform like social engine. That is a neat idea, it doesn’t currently exist but I’ll reach out to a few social engine developers to see what they could do about it.

3. chodhry
    Posted February 26, 2017 at 6:28 am | Permalink

Hey, Ray/Donna hope you remember me, one of the few early adopters having 100,000 users plus phpfox communities. I too am glad of this news. especially after how phpfox have started to act lately. totally feel ripped off even being with the brand from almost a decade. SE has come a long way and with Ray on-board, I am sure this is going to get better.

I was hoping you to also announce free Core license for anyone who is willing to switch and have a legit phpfox license. May be just for first 100 or 500 people out there. This can really get the switch irresistible.

• Posted February 27, 2017 at 8:02 am | Permalink

Hi Chodhry!

Yes, I remember you. :) I believe you are also a member of my own tech site. It’s great to hear from you.

Though we can’t do a free core with the free importer, we do have a 10% discount. We had just recently reduced our prices so this extra discount included with this blog should help, we hope.

I’ve already started changing one of my sites over to SE and will do the other as well. Sorry to hear how you feel about phpFox after being with the script so long. However, we’ll take good care of you at SocialEngine. We don’t have plans to abandon anyone and plan on being around for a good many years.

Have a great day! Feel free to connect with me at my site and if you get a license, please do get with me at our community https://community.onsocialengine.com .

• Posted February 27, 2017 at 10:50 am | Permalink

Discount sounds awesome! I think if people are looking to switch servers Cazaratech may be taking new social engine clients.

• Posted February 27, 2017 at 10:47 am | Permalink

You know SE offers a trial for their php product, right?

If you wanted to upgrade from that within a 30 day period, it’s definitely possible. I agree with you about what the platform phpfox has been up to lately. Without getting into too many details here, I have a feeling its future won’t meet its fullest potential without its own creator their to help steer it along. So yeah I’m happily settled in social engine and love it. I totally recommend this plugin, and if you download a free trial from the website socialengine.com for php version and convert it within 30 days to a full license of your choice, you can use the plugin for the free importer script within those 30 days if you wanted to and it will still work. I hope this helps. Long live the future of awesome social community networks regardless of where they are.