Grand Opening! New SocialEngine Community

grand opening socialengine forum

Hello!

Recently, we announced that we would be opening a new community based on our SocialEngine PHP software. We are pleased to announce that it’s open! Come check it out here!

As we mentioned we would not be importing users, please sign up at our new community. For clients and experts, please be sure to choose the right profile type and “subscription” in order to have access to the areas you will want access to. Note that all subscriptions are free. This was just to aid with spam fighting and with sorting members into the correct member levels. Trial clients can also choose the “client” type and subscription. It would be best if you all use the same email that you use for your account with us as we will be checking to make sure everyone is in the right member levels.

For those without a license, you can also have a place in our community provided you choose the “Regular” profile type and the “Regular” subscription type. Please read our terms before joining as we will remove any members that join in a level they do not belong in. This is to protect our clients’ and experts’ privacy. If you accidentally joined in the wrong type, please contact us to fix your account.

This new forum will be used for issue reports and feature requests as mentioned in the previous blog. We will close out the public Github issue tracker once we release 4.9.3 when it’s ready soon. We’ll keep the Github feature section open for now as there are a lot of current feature requests, but please submit new feature requests in the new community.

It is our goal to have a vibrant and close community where everyone feels comfortable contributing and interacting. Please feel free to contact Donna, our Chief Evangelist, at the new community if you have any concerns. Our other staff is also available for questions but may not be on as often as she is.

With Appreciation,

The SocialEngine Team and Mascot

1. Posted July 4, 2017 at 11:35 pm | Permalink

Checked out the new Community! Seems to be a great place to interact with the SocialEngine Community users reason being the usage of SEPHP forums. Looking forward to help out the users with their queries/issues to make SocialEngine a great platform.
    Excited !! :)

2. Posted July 5, 2017 at 4:03 am | Permalink

Thank you for your feedback! Great to see you on our new community. :)

3. Posted July 5, 2017 at 9:47 am | Permalink

Love the new community! It’s actually more functional than the older one. the older one reminded me of a fool proof, yet complex way of viewing posts, as if it were a continuous facebook feed. This way, things are more streamlined, customizable and less likely to be cast aside. Love the new start on member count two. It gives active people a chance to connect while letting old accounts rest in peace.

4. Posted July 6, 2017 at 7:06 am | Permalink

Thank you for your feedback Elshara! We’re glad you are enjoying our new community. :)

5. Maina
    Posted July 6, 2017 at 9:52 am | Permalink

I am 99% done with phpFox. I just need that last 1% to “get” why SocialEngine is “IT”.

6. Posted July 7, 2017 at 3:23 am | Permalink

Hi Maina,

I had the same decision to make for my own site that was using that script. I can say that I am 100% thrilled to have mine on SE now. I keep finding new things in it that I hadn’t realized I was missing with that other script. Yes, I’m an employee here but I’m also a client.

You’ll love the activity feed options – you have so much control over what is added to the feed! It’s awesome.

The responsive theme looks amazing IMO. Banners are a nice addition.

Networks are awesome too. I use them as genres for my site.

There are a lot more reasons but this would get too long for you to read in a comment. Feel free to contact our sales team for more reasons to come to SE.

If you go to the phpFox importer page, you’ll get a 10% discount to purchase a SocialEngine license so that’s your last 1% plus an additional 9% lol. :) http://get.socialengine.com/phpfoximporter/