Good news everyone! We’ve released a significant update to SocialEngine PHP that includes an array of bug fixes and many other improvements. Here’s a partial list:
- Upgraded TinyMCE from v3 to v4
- Added support for HTML5 notifications for chat messages (all major browsers)
- Fixed some broken translation phrases
- Optimized image files and other static assets for faster loading
- Fixed the quote button on the Group plugin
- Fixed the number of entries allowed for in the Blog plugin member settings
- Fixed a variety of bugs that were causing fatal errors for installations running on PHP 5.4+ in strict mode.
- Fixed a problem with people not showing up in members’ buddy lists within the Chat plugin
- Improved compatibility for link previews in feed posts
SocialEngine clients can grab the new SE PHP 4.7 code from the client area. Remember to make a *complete* backup of your installation before performing an upgrade. If you’ve made significant custom changes to your source code, remember that they could pose problems during the upgrade process, so enlist a developer to help you if you’re not comfortable with the process yourself.
We have many more SE PHP improvements coming in the pipeline and will be returning to a regular (and more frequent) release schedule. I’ll follow up with another blog entry detailing the next round of improvements and new features to come to SE PHP.
Happy community building!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.