My name is Stepan, I am a recently hired CTO for SocialEngine. I will be posting an update to our roadmap and future plans soon, but for now I wanted to let you guys know we’re released 4.8.1.
Here are the summary of feature and bug fixes that were included in SocialEngine PHP 4.8.1 Release:
- Added a rich text widget for WYSIWYG editing of HTML blocks
- Added link button to TinyMCE for blog posts
- Fixed a bug where minimum age validation was always failing
- Fixed cloned themes were always the active theme
- Fixed manifest file was not correctly set when cloning themes
- Check valid content returned by getItem() before using it on Abuse Reports
- Music player no longer breaks if using a CDN
- Fixed a bug that was checking permissions for events incorrectly
- Logged out users can now view event photos without errors
- Comment announcements for forums take you to the page with the comment
- Adding multiple album categories no longer causes an error
- Accessing the package manager over SSL no longer breaks page styles
- Subscriptions that shouldn’t be shown to renewals no longer do
- Corrected an issue caused when some DBs don’t treat empty strings as NULL
- Made the alt-text consistent across member widgets
- Users with no last-modified date now display their created date
- Adding margin/padding to the body no longer confuses FancyUploader
SocialEngine clients can grab the new SE PHP 4.8.1 code from the client area. Remember to make a *complete* backup of your installation before performing an upgrade. If you’ve made significant custom changes to your source code, remember that they could pose problems during the upgrade process, so enlist a developer to help you if you’re not comfortable with the process yourself. We do have an upgrade service available for $150. You can purchase it from your customer account at socialengine.com.
As always, please submit any feature or bug requests for SE PHP to our public bug and feature request tracker.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.