We’re glad to announce the release of SocialEngine PHP 4.8.6! This release is mainly focused on significant bug fixes and implementation of anti-spamming technique for Login and Signup. Here is a quick summary of features and bug fixes that have been included in this SocialEngine PHP 4.8.6 Release:
- Added some reliable anti-spamming techniques; you will be able to enable them from Admin > Settings > Spam & Banning Tools. Fixes
- Fixed bug with Re-Captcha when SSL is enabled
- Corrected order of forum posts added by Ning Importer. Fixes
- Fixed bug with adding link to a wall post where image selector was not being displayed.
- Background Mailer Task will run better now and not hang. Fixes
- Fixed bug where the respective profile field column in field search table was not getting deleted after the deletion of a profile field. Fixes
- Fixed social network mapping issue when multiple social networks are chosen during signup.
- Fixed bug with menu editor where any custom menu added to Member Edit Profile Navigation was redirecting to Browse Members page.
- Fixed an error showing in the log that would be generated when changing the order of photos in an album
- Fixed bug where bullets added via TinyMCE Editor were not being displayed in blogs.
- Fixed a bug in discussions under Events and Groups where page UI was getting affected in certain cases because of HTML tags not closing after truncation.
A note on upgrading
Please do a complete backup of both the files and the database before initiating upgrade. If you have opened a support ticket and were given a code change that was applied to some of your files, take extra care to ensure that those are still correctly applied, or contact support and we’ll be able to re-apply them. Please get a developer to help you if you’re not comfortable with the process yourself. We do have an upgrade service available for $150 which you can purchase from our Client Store.
SocialEngine clients can grab the new SE PHP 4.8.6 code from their client area.
We’ve also updated Photo Albums, Blogs, Events and Groups plugins to 4.8.6.
This release included 3 fixes and a new feature that were reported by our amazing community. You can always submit any feature requests or bug reports for SocialEngine PHP to our public bugs and suggestions tracker.