February 2015 was quite the month for SocialEngine. We are happy to see such a positive response to our activities.
We were working hard, but what was most tiring was cleaning the car off from the crazy snowfalls in Boulder.
The list is long, so let’s get to it:
Here’s the Skinny:
- Released SocialEngine PHP 4.8.7 which is one of the biggest updates we’ve (new ownership) ever done
- Brought in Shivani as a PHP Product Owner and Manager. She’s been busy consolidating SocialEngine PHP feedback, streamlining development and prioritizing defining features for 4.9.0 and 4.10.0
- Feature identification and prioritization of product roadmap
- Moved public bug tracking to github
- Released the much needed and very big Facebook Custom App Setup knowledge base article
- Announced product roadmap
- New code base for SocialEngine Cloud – Laravel 4
- Fixes to LinkedIn and Facebook
- More bug fixes and smaller improvements — check out our Release Notes
- Increased # of members exported to 10,000
- Launched new responsive themes
- Enabled legacy themes
- Hired a pro dev on toptal to work on specific features, first priority is post editing
- Nailed down list of events to track in Intercom
- Set up an integration with Ramen.is for an improved customer experience
- Developed a wireframe/design for internationalization and phrasing (here’s a rough sneak peek, not final version). Soon you’ll be able to see these mocks inside the product roadmap.
- Wrote and released three knowledge base articles for cloud: How to Add Category to Main Menu, How to Add a Favicon and Enabling Legacy Themes
- Our creative team has been working overtime producing high quality assets and content for the new marketing site
- Development of the marketing website continues to accelerate
On Tap for March:
- Bug fix release for issues introduced with our ambitious SocialEngine 4.8.7 release
- Continue to build out product roadmap and assign features to 4.9 and 4.10 releases
- Hiring a junior dev dedicated to Cloud
- Releasing post editing, and potentially comment editing features
- Integration of Intercom
- Finishing up content and graphical assets for the new site
- Beta of the new site for our experts to start populating the (very cool looking) experts sections
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.