We had a great March at SocialEngine — lots of pluses with the company including adding a new developer to the team. Internally it’s exciting to see a lot of processes and systems create higher efficiency in our daily work, planning and discussions.
There are moments in a growing organization where you feel the chaos of a thousand different needs and directions, but are able to find a focused approach where the pace picks up. We’ve always been big believers that a business can grow only as fast as its systems can handle it — doesn’t matter how many people you throw at it.
My personal thanks to the team here for building the foundation needed to develop quality code, establish a process for product roadmaps, quickly respond to customer needs and easily integrate new employees into the company. The pace continues to quicken.
Here’s what happened in March:
- Marcus started on March 23rd, he has already contributed fixes to Cloud and will focus on improving the platform and customer service
- Bug fix release of SocialEngine PHP 4.8.8. It was done to address bug reports from the community, as reported on the public bug tracker
- Made progress on PHP roadmap, with good amount of features being assigned for 4.9 and 4.10
- Worked with ramen.is to improve the user experience and provide us with valuable feedback and feature suggestions
- SocialEngine Cloud updates:
- Added ability to edit settings on the mobile-responsive theme
- Added extra information to member invite screen to give admins higher visibility into their member invite activities
- Added better styling to member titles so they stand out above normal text
- Made profile photos square on the members page
- Bug fixes, see list in the notes
- Released knowledge base articles:
Plans for April
- Continue working on php roadmap to define features for 4.9 and 4.10
- Begin speccing out priority features for 4.9
- Pending on Ramen.is, give our users ability to access SocialEngine Cloud roadmap
- Post editing on SocialEngine Cloud – its coming in the next 2 weeks
- Beta launch of new site
As always, we love your feedback and appreciate your enthusiasm for SocialEngine.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.