Great News! SocialEngine PHP 4.8.13 is here and includes an important security fix. As you may recall from a previous post, our team has been working on a broad range of enhancements and features. During our work, we found a few issues that we felt necessitated a minor version release. We’ve seen a great number of websites being migrated from Ning to SocialEngine PHP during the past few months. As such, this version also includes a better Ning Importer Tool to make the whole process smoother and more admin friendly.
Here are some highlights of the improved Ning Importer tool:
- Single import request broken down into multiple small requests.
- New interface for admin to better visualize the progress and errors.
- Ability to Resume the import if discontinued due to any reason.
- Ability to restart the import from scratch without manual re-installation.
These are just a few of the many features we are including in this update. Click here to read more about the features we’ve included in the new importer.
Bug fixes included in this release are as follows:
- Fixed ‘Page failed validation check’ error that sometimes appeared in Layout Editor (Fixes #382).
- Fixed issue with multiple albums getting created in Forums with every single uploaded photo (Fixes #105).
- Fixed issue with third level profile fields getting stuck when changing parent field in search form.
- Fixed a login related security glitch in subscription system.
You can find and download the upgrade file for SocialEngine PHP 4.8.13 in your account dashboard . We’ve also upgraded the Photo Albums module to 4.8.13.
Due to the fact that this release does include a security update, we highly encourage you to upgrade your website. Please see our tutorial for Performing Upgrades for instructions. If you are not comfortable with upgrading the website yourself we have an upgrade service available for $150, which you can purchase from our Customer Store .
NOTE: Please make sure that you do a complete backup of both files and database before performing this upgrade. Please have the backup performed by your host or a developer if you’re not comfortable with performing it yourself.
Changelog: You can also browse the complete changelog for more details about the changes and fixes implemented in this version.
If you find any issues, please let us know by filing a bug report in our Public Bug Tracker or by contacting us here. Lastly we’d like to encourage you to stay connected with the community. The next release of SocialEngine PHP 4.9 is coming soon and we can’t wait to share it with you! We know you’re excited too.
Thanks again for your support!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.