We’re back with another release, SocialEngine PHP 4.9.2! This minor release addresses some issues that were reported by clients in our Github and also that our staff found during further testing. We’ve also included some minor improvements to current features. Please be sure to read the special instructions below before upgrading.
Fixed Issues or Improvements Made:
- Fixed issue with privacy for video browse and videos on profile similar to the photo privacy fixed for 4.9.1.
- Fixed privacy issue for Email being passed in verification URL. (Fixes #493)
- Fixed issue where privacy options were not showing on the user profile. (Fixes #713 )
- Fixed spelling error on the performance caching overview page. (Fixes #694)
- Fixed TinyMCE editor formatting issue in announcements. (Fixes #669)
- Fixed TinyMCE and BBCode editor formatting issue in forum. (Fixes #719)
- Fixed issue with networks that caused sorting in Admin not to work on next pages.
- Improved banner CTA button background to be more visible.
- Fixed Viglink settings and description in Admin Panel.
- Fixed issue with editing post from notification. (Fixes #732)
- Issue: Some server configurations caused settings files to be deleted upon upgrade. Solution: We improved the upgrade routine to skip any files in the application/settings/ folder. (Improvement #724) **See instructions below for this fix
- Improved display of long user profile photos on members home page by using cropped thumbnails. (Improvement #139)
NOTE: Please make sure that you do a complete backup of both files and database before performing this upgrade. Please have the backup performed by your host or a developer if you’re not comfortable with performing it yourself.
**Special upgrade instructions -DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP-
We’ve included a special patch (not necessary for fresh installs) that you can download in step one below, but this patch does involve a couple of vital steps. If these steps are not followed it may appear as if your database has been deleted. This patch addresses an issue with some server configurations but is best for all clients to apply before upgrading. This manual patch is for any version and can be applied by following the steps below.
- Download the patch .
- Unzip the file.
- Upload the unzipped files to your server, where you have SocialEngine installed (in most cases this would be the public_html or httpdocs folder), before upgrading. Make sure you overwrite the original file.
- Clear cache.
- Follow the standard upgrade procedure to upgrade your site.
You can also browse the complete changelog for more details about the changes and fixes implemented in this version.
We’ve also upgraded Albums, Forums, Music and Videos plugins to 4.9.2.
You can download your copy of version 4.9.2 from your client account. To upgrade, please view our upgrade documentation or, if you’d rather we take care of the hard stuff, you can order an upgrade and we’ll do it for you. Fresh installs should follow this installation tutorial or you can order an installation ticket and our team will get it installed in no time!
Thank you all for your help in posting any bugs you may have found! If you find any more issues, please let us know by filing a bug report in our Public Bug Tracker or by contacting us here. Lastly we’d like to encourage you to stay connected with the community.
With Great Respect,
The SocialEngine Team
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.