Hot off the presses, SocialEngine PHP 4.9.3! This minor release addresses some issues that were reported by clients in our Github along with a few issues our staff found during further testing. We’ve also included some minor improvements to current features.
Designers will be thrilled as we’ve added support so the main layout can be edited allowing much greater flexibility in themes. This will check if default.tpl exists and if it does, it will load the layout from there. Additionally, if a ‘head.tpl’ exists they can add additional data to the sites <head></head>.
Fixed Issues or Improvements Made:
- Fixed – all remaining privacy issues for each SocialEngine official plugin.
- Fixed – Zend_Form_Exception: Form elements auth_view and auth_comment have the same order.
- Fixed – banned IP not deleted from database when deleted in admin.
- Fixed – mail Templates: Post on Profile does not use updated [footer] template.
- Fixed – if no subscription plans exist, Admin can still allow users to select on registration.
- Fixed – ad campaigns not working when no network is chosen.
- Fixed – undefined variable and undefined index for photo albums.
- Fixed – private profile shows photo and name.
- Fixed – page title not changing for multi-language translations.
- Fixed – error for core plugins (albums, blog, polls, etc) when no privacy is selected for member levels.
- Fixed – undefined property error stdClass::$user.
- Fixed – remove “publish to Twitter” from private messages.
- Fixed – API error with 2Checkout if account not approved at 2Checkout and admin tries to disable it from payment gateway settings.
- Fixed – added phrases for Blog Photos, Forum Photos, Classified Photos and Wall photos for translation; privacy and notification settings; IM Chat – toggle notifications.
- Fixed – UI issues for music manage page options and music upload icon; “next” icon; user profile icon in mini menu; .
- Fixed – ad rotation issue where ads with less views would show and not show others. Set to show ads in a random pattern.
- Fixed – deleted user’s notifications remained in engine4_activity_notificationsettings database.
- Fixed – phrase truncation issue with language array file.
- Fixed – in poll and music plugin, “Friends only” privacy issue if user has no friends.
- Fixed – Top Referring Sites page shows all referring URLs, changed to show up to 100.
- Fixed – Video plugin error when member is in a network and there are no videos on the site.
- Fixed – issues setting memcache settings and connection refused error.
- Fixed – photo attached in mail compose is cropped.
- Fixed – changed the Twitter api link in Admin Panel settings to update it with correct URL.
- Fixed – Google font URL in theme was causing a 404 error, updated URL.
- Fixed – subscription on signup not progressing for popup form.
- Fixed – Admin Panel RSS feed for News & Updates changed to ajax load to ensure there is no load delay.
- Fixed – announcement undefined variable tabIndex.
- Fixed – memcache details could not be saved in admin and memcache refusal error.
- Fixed – PHP notice: “fgetcsv(): escape must be a single character” for translation.
- Improved – thousand and decimal separator improvement to allow for varied locales.
- Improved – privacy improvements for member browse page to hide profile pics from showing for private profiles and hide blocked members from showing to members that blocked them.
- Improved – include page title in title tag in Admin Panel.
- Improved – optimized album widget privacy performance.
- Improved – added setting to choose between icon or label for Insignia theme mini widget menu. This improves accessibility for clients with screen readers.
- Improved – added emoticon (smiley) and code snippet buttons to TinyMce editor.
NOTE: Please make sure that you do a complete backup of both files and database before performing this upgrade. Please have the backup performed by your host or a developer if you’re not comfortable with performing it yourself. Always check with third party experts for compatibility with any products you use before upgrading.
Important: If you are on a version below 4.9.2, you will need to follow the steps in this blog before upgrading and apply the patch mentioned.
You can also browse the complete changelog for more details about the changes and fixes implemented in this version.
You can download your copy of version 4.9.3 from your client account. To upgrade, please view our upgrade documentation or, if you’d rather we take care of the hard stuff, you can order an upgrade and we’ll do it for you. Fresh installs should follow this installation tutorial or you can order an installation ticket and our team will get it installed in no time!
Thank you all for your help in posting any bugs you may have found! If you find any more issues, please let us know by filing a bug report in our Bug Tracker or by contacting us here. Lastly we’d like to encourage you to stay connected with the community.
With Great Respect,
The SocialEngine Team