We are back with another release. SocialEngine PHP 4.10.1 is a maintenance release that addresses a few issues reported by clients or found by our staff.
Following is a list of fixes in this release:
- Fixed – Profile Type duplication issue if client accidentally clicks “Submit” more than once.
- Fixed – Facebook and Twitter share were showing in private messages.
- Fixed – Error for Events and Groups member level settings for “Public” member level.
- Fixed – Install not working on database on separate server with different port.
- Fixed – Notifications not showing for private messages when emailed notifications are disabled.
- Fixed – Theme Chooser title “Themes” was not translatable.
- Fixed – Text in message and status post was not able to be highlighted to edit.
The official SocialEngine responsive theme, Atlas, has received some more attention with additional fixes.
A complete changelog is available for more details about the changes and fixes implemented in this 4.10.1 maintenance release.
As always we highly encourage all users to do a complete backup of both files and database before performing this upgrade. Please have the backup performed by your host or a developer if you’re not comfortable with performing it yourself. Always check with third party experts for compatibility with any products you use before upgrading.
Important: If you are on a version below 4.9.4p1, you will need to follow the steps in this blog before upgrading and apply the patch mentioned.
You can download your copy of version 4.10.1 from your client dashboard. Fresh installs should follow our installation tutorial or you can order an installation ticket and our team will get it installed in no time! To upgrade from a previous version to 4.10.1, please view our upgrade documentation or, if you’d rather we take care of the hard stuff, you can order an upgrade and we’ll do it for you.
- This version requires your server have a minimum PHP 5.6.31 or above.