We are happy to announce the release of SocialEngine PHP 5.0.1! This maintenance release fixes bugs and adds minor improvements.
Following is a list of fixes in this release:
- Fixed – File & Media manager copy URL issue.
- Fixed – Serenity log in photo banner path issue.
- Fixed – Editing of Group displays error if only one plugin enabled in Group member level settings.
- Fixed – Ad upload image broken.
- Fixed – Large site issue with browse pages for plugins. This was caused from friend privacy setting. Added option to disable that check for larger sites. This will still have the privacy for the item but the item will show in the browse list for each plugin. Without the setting enabled, private items do not appear in the browse list which causes a heavy load time for very large sites.
- Fixed – Issue with attaching links to status.
- Fixed – Flood control setting for status post and messages improved for message replies and posting photos/blogs in a status.
- Fixed – Removed mcrypt check in sanity check for requirements.
- Fixed – Mobile App Api notification, search and comment issues.
- Fixed – Photos in messages showed in profile photo tab to other users.
- Fixed – Task scheduler stats error.
- Fixed – Album photo browse page missing widget.
- Fixed – No close button for IM chat. Added an “x” next to the “-” to close the chat box.
- Fixed – Mobile app UI issues, blog and video breadcrumbs.
- Fixed – Mobile app crashes on iOS when clicking profile photo.
As always we highly encourage all users to do a complete backup of both files and database before performing this upgrade. Please have the backup performed by your host or a developer if you’re not comfortable with performing it yourself. Always check with third party experts for compatibility with any products you use before upgrading.
Important: If you are on version 4.9.4p1 or below, you will need to follow the special steps in the upgrading documents linked below before upgrading and apply the patch mentioned.
You can download your copy of version 5.0.1 from your client dashboard. For clients not seeing the download, a small fee is required in order to unlock this version.
Mobile app update needs to be downloaded from Apple and Google stores for those that have them installed on their mobile devices.
Fresh installs should follow our installation tutorial or you can order an installation ticket and our team will get it installed in no time! To upgrade from a previous version to 5.0.1, please view our upgrade documentation.
With Great Appreciation,
The SocialEngine Team