We are very happy to announce the release of SocialEngine PHP 5.2.0! This release adds design, privacy and mobile app feature improvements, bug fixes and more!
Additional Features and Improvements:
- New sleek activity feed design for mobile app!
- Added the much awaited submenu feature! You can now add your own submenus and set icons for them!!
- Add favicon via admin panel! Make it easy to set up your site with no hassles uploading your favicon.
- Self mentions in the activity feed.. because we all need attention sometimes!
- Member level settings for emailed notifications added to mail templates. This allows admin to select which member levels get specific emailed notifications which helps to reduce the amount of mail sent from your server or transactional mail service (SendGrid, Amazon, etc).
- Improved Vertical Menu – We’ve enhanced the vertical menu to have a cleaner look.
- Site wide breadcrumb support for better navigation.
- Added member level settings for user privacy for who can mention them. Very important feature for privacy minded sites.
- Added member level settings for the profile info widget content. This helps admin and members control what shows up on the profile info section.
- Improved photos for users to allow them to set the default viewing of their albums to: Newest, Oldest or Set Order. For the Set Order setting, this will show the photos in the album based on the drag and drop order that the album creator sets.
Following is a list of fixes in this release:
- Fixed -Sign in / Sign up widget UI issue with login not showing well. Added a “Join” button.
- Fixed – Send friend request when inviting someone.
- Fixed – Drop down menu issue when accessibility widget disabled or moved.
- Fixed – Youtube videos blocked. Added Youtbe API key setting.
- Fixed – Radio button with subordinate questions not clickable in member browse.
- Fixed – Tinymce font size shows bbcode in private messages.
- Fixed- Hashtags in widget misdirected if site using long url.
- Fixed – On mobile browser (not mobile app), the side menus take a double click to open.
- Fixed- Rich text block, linking an image doesn’t work.
- Fixed – Can’t add links to the images uploaded in TinyMCE Editor.
- Fixed – Forum issue adding phrases in post using code tags changed some code to smileys.
- Fixed – Profile forum post widget losing spacing if thread was created from a mobile device.
- Fixed – Image embed in forum with just BBCode enabled.
- Fixed – Issue when SESAPI was not activated, friend requests and emails didn’t work.
- Fixed – Private forums showed in search results.
- Fixed – Input box in Chrome was not visible.
- Fixed – Non group members could delete group photos.
- Fixed – Added phrase for supported Instagram Videos (IGTV).
- Fixed – Tinymce Code tag loses formatting when editing the post.
- Fixed – Files not overwriting when upgrading and choosing overwrite option.
- Fixed – Serenity header viewport widths between 600 and 1200 weren’t displaying well.
- Fixed – Wall photos had 0 order which caused the Next/Previous not to work.
- Mobile App Fixes and Improvements:
- Album wouldn’t open on iOS.
- Clicking “Rate us” on iOS now works.
- Removed extra input box for change password.
A complete changelog is available for more details about the changes and fixes implemented in this 5.2.0 release. Please view our demo of v5 and explore the new features!
As always we highly encourage all users to do a complete backup of both files and database before performing this upgrade. Please have the backup performed by your host or a developer if you’re not comfortable with performing it yourself. Always check with third party experts for compatibility with any products you use before upgrading.
Important: If you are on version 4.9.4p1 or below, you will need to follow the special steps in the upgrading documents linked below before upgrading and apply the patch mentioned.
You can download your copy of version 5.2.0 from your client dashboard. New clients will see the download available. For clients not seeing the download, a small fee is required in order to upgrade to v5 of the SE PHP platform.
Fresh installs should follow our installation tutorial or you can order an installation ticket and our team will get it installed in no time! To upgrade from a previous version to 5.2.0, please view our upgrade documentation.
If you find any issues with this release, please let us know by filing a bug report in our Bug Tracker. We’d also like to encourage you to stay connected with the community.
With Great Appreciation,
The SocialEngine Team