We are very happy to announce the release of SocialEngine PHP 5.3.0! This release adds improvements, bug fixes and more!
Features and Improvements:
- Improved classified question display in product view.
- Improved stats chart in admin panel.
- Added a setting for “Do Not Sell Info” so admin can enable or disable it.
- Added in-site and emailed notifications for reported items. These settings allow Super Admin and/or Admin members to receive notifications when someone reports an item on the site.
- Added character limit to activity feed post. This allows admin to determine how long a status post can be. For long posts, a “More/Less” shows for the user in order to keep the feed from becoming too long. Users will see a count of characters as they type.
- Improved Serenity Dark Theme UI and accessibility widget.
Following is a list of fixes in this release:
- Fixed – Log in redirect not working.
- Fixed – In forum, links were adding HTML code to the end which caused the links not to open.
- Fixed – Active drop down highlight.
- Fixed – IP ban throws error.
- Fixed – Removed old affiliate link from admin panel.
- Fixed – Event Browse shows number attending but it is actually a count of number of responses.
- Fixed – Change phrase for “Theme Menu Tip Color” to “Vertical Main Menu Mouseover Tip Color” for better clarity in the Serenity theme CSS customization page.
- Fixed – Notification phrase for subscribed topic was incorrect. Added additional phrase for notification of subscribed topic that the user hadn’t posted in but had subscribed to.
- Fixed – Disabled widgets should not be placed automatically on upgrades.
- Fixed – Classified Listing multi-line input adds HTML characters.
- Fixed – Hitting “enter” in long status post breaks the line.
- Fixed – Reset password should use secure password routine.
- Fixed – Admin user could edit Super Admin user in the profile widget.
- Fixed – Stats error with gstatic.
- Fixed – Google analytics wasn’t working.
- Fixed – Profile questions and classified questions website input field changes https to http.
- Fixed – Status Post – Max 1012 characters regardless of length.
- Fixed – Classified browse page on mobile browser was squishing the listings.
- Fixed – Notifications from likes and comments of deleted videos were not being deleted.
- Removed – RSS and Weather widgets which were not updated and no longer supported.
- Fixed – If payment fails, subscriber wasn’t falling back to default level set in plan and is unable to log in as a default member.
- Fixed – Private group and event wall photos were showing on profile info tab and in photo section.
- Fixed – Hard coded phrases:
- Member Level
- First Name
- Last Name
- Last Login
- Mobile App Fixes and Improvements:
- YouTube videos not playing on Android
- Playing song crashes iOS
As always we highly encourage all users to do a complete backup of both files and database before performing this upgrade. Please have the backup performed by your host or a developer if you’re not comfortable with performing it yourself. Always check with third party experts for compatibility with any products you use before upgrading.
Important: If you are on version 4.9.4p1 or below, you will need to follow the special steps in the upgrading documents linked below before upgrading and apply the patch mentioned.
You can download your copy of version 5.3.0 from your client dashboard. New clients will see the download available. For clients still using v4 of the SocialEngien PHP platform, you would need to first purchase the v5 upgrade in order ot access the latest version..
Fresh installs should follow our installation tutorial or you can order an installation ticket and our team will get it installed in no time! To upgrade from a previous version to 5.3.0, please view our upgrade documentation.
With Great Appreciation,
The SocialEngine Team