We are happy to announce the release of SocialEngine PHP 5.3.3! This pre-Thanksgiving celebration release adds a few small improvements and fixes bugs. We are truly thankful for all of you and wish for a safe and happy holiday! As a reminder, our terrific 15% discount is still available! Get it while it’s HOT!!
Following is a list of fixes in this release:
Bugs Fixes and Improvements:
- Improved – Dark mode pagination in forum.
- Improved – Removed Xcache from list in cache choices as it no longer applies.
- Improved – Post feed character limit count design.
- Fixed – Forum replies not in activity feed.
- Fixed – Extra banners in admin banner list after upgrades.
- Fixed – Removed “Apply Changes” in profile photo edit as it wasn’t used.
- Fixed – Non HTTPS sites could not log in after upgrade. This did not impact HTTPS sites. We strongly recommend all sites be HTTPS. Removed SameSite attribute fix that was in 5.3.2 for now.
- Fixed – Group photos empty in My Albums but shows 6 count
- Fixed – Hashtag results pages throws error.
A complete changelog is available for more details about the fixes implemented in this 5.3.3 release.
As always we highly encourage all users to do a complete backup of both files and database before performing this upgrade. Please have the backup performed by your host or a developer if you’re not comfortable with performing it yourself. Always check with third party experts for compatibility with any products you use before upgrading.
Important: If you are on version 4.9.4p1 or below, you will need to follow the special steps in the upgrading documents linked below before upgrading and apply the patch mentioned.
You can download your copy of version 5.3.3 from your client dashboard. New clients will see the download available. For clients still using v4 of the SocialEngine PHP platform, you would need to first purchase the v5 upgrade in order to access the latest version..
Fresh installs should follow our installation tutorial or you can order an installation ticket and our team will get it installed in no time! To upgrade from a previous version to 5.3.3, please view our upgrade documentation.
With Great Appreciation,
The SocialEngine Team