We are very happy to announce the release of SocialEngine PHP 5.6.0! This release adds improvements, bug fixes and more!
Features and Improvements:
- Polls got a nice update! You can now add profile photo and cover photos to your polls to dress them up. A setting is also added for admin to choose a default cover photo for polls. The poll browse page has been updated to have a nicer view as well. Here are some screenshots of the nice new look!
Following is a list of fixes in this release:
- Fixed – Username with special characters causes many issues.
- Fixed – Group with network privacy not showing the group to members of the network.
- Fixed – Forum threads and posts cannot be edited by anyone other than admins.
- Fixed – Video link to supported formats is missing and not necessary. Removed phrase.
- Improvement – Remove server collect information step in installation.
- Fixed – VFS only works on same server.
- Fixed – Remove 2checkout from list of supported gateways in Billing > Settings.
- Fixed – Error for missing bbcode.css file for forum.
- Fixed – Upcoming Events widget displayed in reverse order.
- Fixed – Super admin password if changed was not allowing log in to package manager.
As always we highly encourage all users to do a complete backup of both files and database before performing this upgrade. Please have the backup performed by your host or a developer if you’re not comfortable with performing it yourself. Always check with third party experts for compatibility with any products you use before upgrading.
Important: If you are on version 4.9.4p1 or below, you will need to follow the special steps in the upgrading documents linked below before upgrading and apply the patch mentioned.
You can download your copy of version 5.6.0 from our new client dashboard. For clients still using v4 of the SocialEngine PHP platform, you would need to first purchase the v5 upgrade in order to access the latest version. If you hadn’t requested to be moved to our new dashboard, please contact us.
Fresh installs should follow our installation tutorial or you can order an installation ticket and our team will get it installed in no time! To upgrade from a previous version to 5.6.0, please view our upgrade documentation.
If you find any issues with this release, please let us know by filing a bug report in our Bug Tracker. We’d also like to encourage you to stay connected with the community.
With Great Appreciation,
The SocialEngine Team