We are pleased to announce the release of SocialEngine PHP 5.6.1! This maintenance release addresses bugs posted by members of our community and staff. It also includes an improvement for group notifications.
The following is a list of fixes and improvements in this release:
- Added more notifications to Groups. This will show when someone joins, leaves, or posts content in a group. Included are settings for unsubscribing from notifications and email template settings.
- Fixed – Creating an ad campaign with no network selected causes error.
- Fixed – Fix admin tutorial links.
- Fixed – Drop down menus in profiles (user, event, group) unable to be clicked.
- Fixed – Forum moderator functions not working for admin or moderator member level.
- Fixed – Group videos not respecting privacy of group.
- Fixed – Admin can change super admin to other member level with profile mapping.
- Fixed – Mobile browser issue with words overlapping in comments in the activity feed.
- Fixed – Private groups could be seen via direct URL by those not allowed to view.
- Mobile App Issues Fixed:
- Friend request from member browse page caused error.
- Edit page on group profile doesn’t show changed photo.
As always we highly encourage all users to do a complete backup of both files and database before performing this upgrade. Please have the backup performed by your host or a developer if you’re not comfortable with performing it yourself. Always check with third party experts for compatibility with any products you use before upgrading.
Important: If you are on version 4.9.4p1 or below, you will need to follow the special steps in the upgrading documents linked below before upgrading and applying the patch mentioned.
You can download your copy of version 5.6.1 from our new client dashboard. For clients still using v4 of the SocialEngine PHP platform, you would need to first purchase the v5 upgrade in order to access the latest version. If you hadn’t requested to be moved to our new dashboard, please contact us.
Fresh installs should follow our installation tutorial or you can order an installation ticket and our team will get it installed in no time! To upgrade from a previous version to 5.6.1, please view our upgrade documentation.
With Great Appreciation,
The SocialEngine Team