We are pleased to announce the release of SocialEngine PHP 5.8.0! This release adds a new feature, improvements and addresses bugs posted by members of our community and staff.
The following is a list of fixes and improvements in this release:
- NEW! Travel plugin! Based on our Classified plugin, the Travel plugin allows you to have travel listings.
This plugin has Recent Listings and Popular Listings widgets. The Popular listings widget has a choice of Likes or Views for criteria. Both the Recent and Popular listing widgets have a selection for horizontal or vertical alignment.
Viewing a travel listing shows multiple screenshots, the location and map, price, and other info.
Default image, if the user doesn’t upload an image for their listing, is a FontAwesome icon. This reduces the load as the default image png is no longer needed.
- Subscription notification feature added. Admin now will receive an email and in-site notification for cash/check payments for subscriptions.
- Quick Start links added in the admin dashboard. This shows some first steps for clients, with links to the settings.
- Fixed – Replace “nobody” with “no one” for better grammar.
- Fixed – Forum widgets “Recent Forum Posts” and “Recent Forum Topics” view were not going to the correct page. This has been removed for now to avoid confusion, and will be improved later.
- Fixed – Links not grabbing images in activity feed. This requires Iframely self hosted or API.
- Fixed – Mobile browser iphone message text input box disappears after title added.
- Mobile App Issues Fixed:
- Login Page texts are not visible in the iOS Mobile App.
- Grammar issue in color scheme text in admin settings.
- The mobile app issue for the login input box font color cannot be automatically changed for upgraded sites as it would overwrite client theme changes. Please follow this tutorial to fix the font issue for mobile apps if you use the free mobile apps.
As always we highly encourage all users to do a complete backup of both files and database before performing this upgrade. Please have the backup performed by your host or a developer if you’re not comfortable with performing it yourself. Always check with third-party experts for compatibility with any products you use before upgrading.
Important: If you are on version 4.9.4p1 or below, you will need to follow the special steps in the upgrading documents linked below before upgrading and applying the patch mentioned.
You can download your copy of version 5.8.0 from our new client dashboard. For clients still using v4 of the SocialEngine PHP platform, you would need to first purchase the v5 upgrade to access the latest version. If you hadn’t requested to be moved to our new dashboard, please contact us.
Fresh installs should follow our installation tutorial or you can order an installation ticket and our team will get it installed in no time! To upgrade from a previous version to 5.8.0, please view our upgrade documentation.
With Great Appreciation,
The SocialEngine Team