We are pleased to announce the release of SocialEngine PHP 6.0.0RC1! This release fixes bugs and adds more improvements to v6. This is a release candidate (RC) for fresh installs or upgrades of small or new sites only.
- Improved – Ads are now responsive.
- Improved – Plugins with categories can now have subcategories! We also added the ability to re-order the categories in admin via drag and drop!
- Improved – Added a member level setting to allow admin to set the amount of photos that can be uploaded at once.
- Fixed – Cover and profile photo drop down closing too soon.
- Fixed – Removed Viglink as the API is out of date and this is not used enough to warrant keeping it.
- Fixed – Forum mobile browser emoji shows code instead of emoji.
- Fixed – Blog drafts not marked as draft.
- Fixed – “Show on profile with link” setting doesn’t work consistently.
- Fixed – Two copies of jQuery are loaded with each request.
- Fixed – Comments on status updates need some padding between the status and the comment.
- Fixed – Invitation Sent phrase not working for Indonesian.
A complete changelog will be available soon. Please view our demo of v6 and explore the new features!
Please note that with the addition of the new Elpis theme, the Serenity theme is no longer installed with fresh installs and is no longer supported. This theme will be available for download separately for those who want to use it and have someone update it.
You can download your copy of version 6.0.0RC1 from our new client dashboard. New clients who purchased from November 25, 2021 until our stable release will receive the v6 unlock for free. Please send a ticket from within your account requesting the free v6 unlock. For clients who purchased more than 90 days ago, a fee is required in order to unlock this version. If you hadn’t requested to be moved to our new dashboard, please contact us.
Third party experts, please send a ticket from within your account to request a 20% discount for the v6 access.
As always we highly encourage all users to do a complete backup of both files and database before performing an upgrade. Please have the backup performed by your host or a developer if you’re not comfortable with performing it yourself.
Important: If you are on version 4.9.4p1 or below, you will need to follow the special steps in the upgrading documents linked below before upgrading and applying the patch mentioned.
As this is an RC release, it is for testing purposes only or for small or new communities and not for use on large sites. Do not install or use third party plugins on the RC release. If your site has plugins or third party themes, please wait for the stable release to upgrade. Fresh installs should follow our installation tutorial or you can order an installation and our team will get it installed in no time.
Before we go, we want to give our thanks to our awesome beta testers! We couldn’t have gotten this done without them. 🙂
With Great Appreciation,
The SocialEngine Team
How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.Anne Frank