We are pleased to announce the release of SocialEngine PHP 6.1.0! This release adds a few new features and improvements, and addresses bugs posted by members of our community and staff.
- NEW Feature – Tag management! There is now a page in the Manage menu for Tag Management. This allows you to add or delete tags, helping you to better manage your site content.
- Improved – Added star rating to all plugins. Also added a setting to enable/disable ratings for each plugin.
- Improved – Added tables to editor. This allows for more formatting options.
- Improved – Add KB Article Link for Vertical Menus.
- Improved – Plugins in Groups. Added breadcrumbs and redirect when content is created.
- Improved – Polls for Groups. Added a setting to show in the group activity feed.
- Improved – Blogs for Groups. Added a setting to show in the group activity feed.
- Improved – Videos for Groups. Added a setting to show in the group activity feed.
- Improved – Added more logs to the setting to clear logs automatically.
- Improved – Added blog drafts to profile blog tab.
- Improved – Updated Popular widgets to show by Views, Likes, Recently Created, Most Commented, Recently Modified.
- Improved – Groups without a category were not shown when clicking categories. We’ve added an Uncategorized option in the category widget so that groups with no category can be found easier.
- Improved – Add categories to Polls and Music.
- Improved – Added password input for Facebook registration so that members can change their passwords if using Facebook sign up.
- Fixed – Error on stats page with missing column.
- Fixed – jQuery conflict for admin stats.
- Fixed – Unable to change user profile cover photo position due to image being too small. Added minimum dimension in upload description.
- Fixed – Elpis theme mini menu dropdown UI.
- Fixed – Fix Polls Tab UI in Group Profile.
- Fixed – Elpis H tags need fixing. The H2 and H4 tags were reversed and more emphasis was placed on the H4 over the H2.
- Fixed – Pages crashes when copying and pasting text with emoji or links.
- Fixed – Code shows in feed when sharing event as a link.
- Fixed – Added breadcrumb to Travel install routine.
- Fixed – Upload limit is not respecting server upload limit if set to 1GB.
- Fixed – Group invite broken on notification page.
- Fixed – Error deleting private messages using checkbox on the inbox page.
- Fixed – Forum title can’t be longer than 64 characters.
- Fixed – Cannot delete some forums and threads in forum.
- Fixed – Google maps using http instead of https.
- Fixed – Group and event cover photo error.
- Fixed – Tags aren’t working.
- Fixed – RTL long name truncation issue.
- Fixed – Error when clicking user profile when using PHP 8.0.
- Fixed – Column Width Modifier causing page to be blank.
- Fixed – Using keyboard emoticon during signup causes error.
- Fixed – During install, some plugins didn’t have the Breadcrumb widget.
- Fixed – Events won’t save if the locale is changed in user settings.
- Fixed – Error causing task manager to stop.
- Fixed – Elpis Dark Mode notification drop down view buttons UI.
- Fixed – Warning notice shows for small file uploads even when server sizes are fine.
- Fixed – On mobile browser, using Android, the user profile info was squished into the feed.
- Mobile App Issues Fixed:
- Posting emoticons from mobile app wasn’t showing the emoticon.
- Can’t send messages if sesapi is installed and not activated.
A complete changelog is available for more details about the changes and fixes implemented in this 6.1.0 release. Please view our demo and explore the new features!
You can download your copy of version 6.1.0 from our new client dashboard. Clients who purchased from November 25, 2021 until our stable release will receive the v5 to v6 unlock for free. Please send a ticket from within your account requesting the free v6 unlock. For clients who purchased before November 25, 2021, a fee is required in order to unlock v6.
As always we highly encourage all users to do a complete backup of both files and database before performing an upgrade. Please have the backup performed by your host or a developer if you’re not comfortable with performing it yourself.
Important: The upgrade guide contains a patch for those upgrading from before v6 since v6 does have new requirements. Also, if you are upgrading from 4.9.4p1 or below, there is another patch to apply before attempting to upgrade. You would need both patches if you are on 4.9.1p1 or below. Please be sure to apply the patch(es) before upgrading.
Fresh installs should follow our installation tutorial or you can order an installation and our team will get it installed in no time.
To upgrade from a previous version to 6.1.0, please view our upgrade documentation. V6 has new requirements. Please be sure to read them and have your server updated.
If you find any issues with this release, please let us know by filing a bug report in our Bug Tracker. We’d also like to encourage you to stay connected with the community.
With Great Appreciation,
The SocialEngine Team