We are pleased to announce the release of SocialEngine PHP 6.3.0! This maintenance and security release fixes an important security issue, adds improvements, and addresses bugs posted by members of our community and staff. As this includes a jQuery security update, we strongly recommend everyone upgrade. Please read below for our requirements update.
- Security Update – jQuery was updated to address a vulnerability report.
- NEW – MariaDB compatibility! SocialEngine PHP is now compatible with MariaDB 10.6. This is exciting news for those wanting to use MariaDB.
- Improved – YouTube video sharing now does not require the YouTube API key. If no key is entered, videos will still share if you have the video plugin. If you choose to use a YouTube API key, that will also still work.
- Improved – Profile photos now only create four copies, reducing the space used for storing these photos. This was a highly requested improvement.
- Improved – Added missing labels for accessibility for screen readers. This will enhance website accessibility and provide for a much better user experience.
- Improved – Iframely is now optional for link sharing. You can either use the Iframely API (provided from Iframely), or choose to disable Iframely and share links without it.
- Fixed – Zend session destroyed, “Failed to decode session object. Session has been destroyed” error message.
- Fixed – Video not displaying in new tab if using S3.
- Fixed – Uploaded videos would not delete on PHP 8.
- Fixed – Video Language file remove sss from end of line 50.
- Fixed – Activity feed privacy selection box does not close when option is selected.
- Fixed – Update tutorial links in admin panel that went to old kb.
- Fixed – Finish removing socialengine warehouse from iframely setting.
- Fixed – Public forums not viewable by the public user group if the default user group is blocked from viewing.
- Fixed – Blog pagination not working.
- Fixed – Null value issue in MySQL won’t allow pages in admin to save.
- Fixed – Videos with italics in title are not showing correctly.
- Fixed – Invite sends friend request when not checked to send.
- Fixed – Searching in plugins was not working for “All Categories” and also was not pulling accurate results.
- Fixed – Inspira banner images slow to load due to opacity.
- Fixed – Inspira dark style login input white on white.
- Fixed – Inspira LinkedIn icon.
- Fixed – Inspira landing page banner strobing effect if no banners selected or if only one banner selected, text strobing effect if only one moving description exists.
- Fixed – Inspira apostrophe breaks text scrolling in banner.
- Fixed – Inspira profile question descriptions squished.
- Fixed – Inspira profile photo distorted in Windows 10.
- Fixed – Vimeo not working for self-hosted Iframely.
- Fixed – Link sharing image issue.
- Fixed – Email privacy to not send notifications not working.
- Fixed – Emails are going to super admin and ignoring the email setting for new registration notifications.
- Fixed – Cleaned up errors from install.log file.
- Fixed – Cleaned up errors in warnings.log from group event.
- Fixed – Subscription was canceled before the end date if PayPal subscription payment failed.
Clients with v6 access can download version 6.3.0 from our client dashboard. Clients who do not have access will need to purchase v6 access.
V6.3 has new requirements and recommendations. Please be sure to read them and have your server updated.
As always we highly encourage all users to do a complete backup of both files and database before performing an upgrade. Please have the backup performed by your host or a developer if you’re not comfortable performing it yourself.
Important: There are special steps and patches for those upgrading from versions below v6. You will need to follow the special steps in the upgrading documents linked below before upgrading and applying the patches mentioned.
Fresh installs should follow our installation tutorial or you can order an installation and our team will get it installed in no time. To upgrade from a previous version to 6.3.0, please view our upgrade documentation.
With Great Appreciation,
The SocialEngine Team